- Garbanzos! Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal;2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p30
Offers tips on vegan cooking using garbanzo beans as the main ingredient. Nutritional benefits offered by garbanzos; Storage of dried garbanzos; Instructions on how to make garbanzo or chickpea dip.
- vegan gourmet. Oser, Marie // Vegetarian Times;Sep2004, Issue 324, p35
Presents several gourmet vegan recipes.
- vegan gourmet. Oser, Marie // Vegetarian Times;May2004, Issue 321, p33
Presents several vegan recipes.
- One man's meat. Gledhill, Bob // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/11/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4217, p54
Reports on vegetarian market trends in Great Britain as of April 2002. Concerns of the Food Standards Agency on the lack of vegetarian food labeling regulations; Areas of disagreement over accreditation of vegetarian status; Sales of vegetarian foods.
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Sauces. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p28
Provides tips on vegan cookery. Selection of ripe fruit for apple or pear sauces; Vegetable combinations that can yield "creamy" sauces; Purchase of easily "pureed" vegetables; Turning of an overabundant purchase of fresh spinach, kale, or Swiss chard into sauce ingredients.
- FAQs. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Aug2006, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p11
The article provides vegetarian-related information. Vegetarian is defined as someone who does not consume red meat, chicken, pork, fish and seafood. While a lacto-ovo-vegetarian is someone who does not eat meat, poultry, and fish but eat eggs, dairy products, milk, and plant foods. An...
- Cheese-Less Sauces. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal;2008, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p14
The article discusses several uses for cheese-less sauces in the U.S. Various vegan versions of traditional cheese sauces containing varying fat contents and calories are presented. Cheese-less sauce enhances frozen vegetables, leftover potatoes and vegetable burgers. It can also be applied as a...
- VJ's 2007 Winning Student Essay. // Vegetarian Journal;2008, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p30
An essay is presented on vegan baking. It offers information on significant factors that would help the baker feel proud in sharing food with friends. The author relates her experience in learning vegan baking and her determination to pursue the task. The article also mentions the difficulty...
- Cooking With Leaves. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p6
Presents recipes for vegetarian meals such as Dolmathes and Rolled Caesar Salad.