IN THE LOOP
- Bookspan Rolls Out Hispanic Book Club. Odell, Patricia // Direct;Mar2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the Spanish-language book club, Mosaico, launched by Bookspan. Budget of the book club partnership; Statement from Meg Roe, vice president of marketing at Mosaico; Offer featured in the mail campaign; Owners of Bookspan.
- Slow book sales force new chapter. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/28/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 45, p5A
Reports on the plan of book club Bookspan to publish an exclusive thriller and a club that adopts the Netflix formula in Garden City, New York. Effort of the club to battle sagging industry sales; Comment of Bookspan's senior vice president Janet Wolf on the change in the book market; Alliance...
- Bookspan Has Second Hispanic Club. Ospina, Carmen // Publishers Weekly;5/31/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 22, p22
Reports on the launch of CÃrculo de Lectores, a Spanish-language book club, by Bookspan in the U.S. Reason for naming the book club CÃrculo de Lectores; Types of books that will be featured in the book club; Editor-in-chief of the book club.
- Davis to Head CBOMC. // Publishers Weekly;1/12/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 2, p12
Announces the appointment of Kaylee Davis as editor-in-chief of the Children's Book-of-the Month and BookPlanet clubs of Bookspan.
- Book Clubs Look to Turn Web from Foe to Friend. Milliot, Jim; Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;4/16/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 16, p3
The article reports that merged book clubs Bookspan and BMG Columbia House are focusing on the transfer of their marketing functions to the Internet. Following Bertelsmann's $150-million purchase of Time's 50% stake in Bookspan, Ewald Walgenbach, CEO of the company's DirectGroup, said a priority...
- Bertelsmann to Exit Club Business in U.S. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/24/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on the decision of Bertelsmann to sell the Bertelsmann Direct North America unit (BDNA). The company is also considering selling its entire Direct Group, which houses all of its various club businesses worldwide. The North American group consists of 21 book clubs plus BMG...
- Find it at LW Library. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/12/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p3
The article announces that the Lake Whitney Library in Texas will begin its book club meetings on September 26, 2007.
- SEBA booksellers outnumber reps. Summer, Bob // Publishers Weekly;11/1/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 44, p23
Reports on the 1993 trade show and membership meeting of the Southeast Booksellers Association in Atlanta, Georgia. Attendance; Change in publisher staff to bookseller ratio; Discussion on the enhancement of religion title sales; `Brainstorming' event; Book and author luncheon.
- from The SÃ©ance Book Club. NORMAN, HOWARD // Ploughshares;Fall2014, Vol. 40 Issue 2/3, p133
A personal narrative is presented that explores the author's experience of attending eight consecutive evening at the SÃ©ance Book Club in Amsterdam.