Patterns of Specialization in Professional Baseball Players
- LEVY'S NEW RECIPE. ECKER, DANNY // Crain's Chicago Business;5/26/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p0001
The article discusses the shift by entertainment and sports venue vending and food services provider Levy Restaurants, realizing the importance of numbers-based insights into what fans want to eat and when. It discusses how Levy learned the need to have a data focused approach to concession...
- Will the state have too much baseball? McGinn-Spring, Kathleen // Business News New Jersey;05/12/97, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p24
Looks at how the success of a minor league team has influenced interest in baseball in New Jersey. Identification of increased activities surrounding sports; Perceptions of North Wildwood Mayor Aldo Palombo concerning this development; Basis for view that the sport could be a catalyst for...
- Americana takes the field. Spotleson, Bruce // Las Vegas Business Press;06/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p4
Opinion. Focuses on the author's experience during a minor league baseball in Las Vegas, Nevada. Audience during the game; Enthusiasm and passion for the minor league baseball.
- Life's a pitch. Patoski, Joe Nick; Daniels, Josh // Texas Monthly;Apr97, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p36
Recommends going to see the Texas minor league baseball teams in 1997. When play begins in the Texas Leagues; When some of the games are; The names of some of the teams; When the Texas-Louisiana League games begin.
- Play ball, investors say of Yonkers ballpark plan. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;2/3/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the plans of investors for the Bridgeport Bluefish minor-league team in Yonkers, New York. Appointment of employees for the franchise of the team; Selection of an office space to lease; Statement regarding the Yonkers team by entrepreneur Mary Jane Foster.
- More Pics of the Year: Let's Hear it for Moms. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;12/27/2011, p1
A photograph of a mother catching a foul ball while holding her son during a minor baseball league game between the Richmond Flying Squirrels and Harrisburg Senators held in Richmond, Virginia is presented.
- `Play ball'. Fettig, David // Fedgazette;Jan1994, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p4
Reports on developments related to minor league baseball in states covered by the US Federal Reserve's Ninth District as of January 1994. Resurgence of minor league baseball; Factors affecting minor leagues; New leagues being proposed in the region.
- Northern exposure. Shipnuck, Alan // Sports Illustrated;8/22/94, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p68
Contends that in spite of the strike, baseball is alive and well in the Northern League. Miles Wolff, who revived the league in 1993 after it went belly-up in 1971; St. Paul Saints, Sioux Falls Canaries and other teams; Ticket prices at the six stadiums; The salary cap; Players' salaries; Pedro...
- Minor ATTRACTIONS. Tate, Skip; Miyazaki, Kevin J. // Cincinnati Magazine;Jul2000, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p56
Reports on the increasing popularity of minor league baseball as entertainment options for residents of Cincinnati, Ohio. Number of leagues located within the Midwest region; Entertainment and fun elements at the minor league games; Rules.