Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Continue Going South
- Surprise Surge in Core PPI Drives Muni, Treasury Prices Downward. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32075, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market in the U.S. succumbed to selling pressure when an unexpected surge in the core producer price index sparked inflationary worries and pushed tax-exempt and government bond prices lower. At the end of an abbreviated session ahead of the long...
- Municipals, Treasuries Rise After Consumer Data Beats Estimates. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32013, p2
Examines the strong performance of municipal bonds and Treasuries in the United States on November 17, 2004. Rise in municipal bond prices after Treasuries survived consumer price increases; Strong performance of the primary market; Increased bids by participants in the tax-exempt sector; Rise...
- Munis Unchanged as PPI Data Comes in Mixed. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/16/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32608, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market for 2007 in the U.S. On April 13, 2007, the municipal market was unchanged as the March producer price index data came in mixed, with the headline number exceeding expectations. According to one trader in New York, it is very...
- Bond Buyer Indexes Fall After Mixed Performance Last Week. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p39
The Bond Buyer, a periodical, yield indexes mostly fell in the week ending June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose up to two basis points on June 6 and two to five basis points on June 2. Treasury bonds' prices fell on June 2 when reports indicated that the May Institute for Supply Management...
- Muni Prices Rise Slightly on Bond-Friendly Data. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32285, p2
The article reports on developments in the tax-exempt municipal bond market in the United States. The Treasuries increase due to reports of weaker-than-expected consumption growth and inflation. According to traders, prices increase and yields decline by two basis points and four basis points in...
- Munis Post Best Performance of 2000; Merrill Lynch Wins S.F. Airport Issue. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30856, p2
Reports on bond market developments in the United States on March 23, 2000. Performance of Treasury bonds; Basis points increase seen for municipal bonds; Estimated price gains for bonds; Status of the California market; Negotiated sector developments.
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;12/27/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32781, p32
The article presents bond and Treasury markets statistics in the U.S. in 2007 including U.S. securities prices, municipal market data general obligation yields, and municipal bond prices.
- Munis Little Changed as Buyers Wait For Release of Employment Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32005, p2
Assesses on the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States. Impact of the national election on the market; Improvement in the bid side; Interest rate outlook; Conservativeness in the corporate America; Economic recovery; Job growth; Improvement in bonds prices.
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;12/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32767, p41
The article presents bond market statistics which include short-term tax-exempt yields, U.S. securities prices, municipal market data general obligation yields, and municipal bond prices.