Tornadoes Put Pressure on Oklahoma's Finances With Over $100M in Damage
- IPS bond fight in the books. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/7/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p15A
Reports that Marion County's auditor has certified thousands of signatures in favor of a multimillion bond issue to fund improvements at Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) facilities. Description of the phase of IPS' capital-improvement plan which calls for renovations in 12 district schools.
- San Francisco PUC Pushes $4.6B Package for Hetch Hetchy System. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;5/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31381, p40
Reports the pla to present voters on the bond measures by the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, California. Creation of authority to issue bonds for repair payments; Emphasis on the delay of bond selling and award contracts to fix decrepit system; Discussion on the governance system...
- IBO Leery Of N.Y. City TIF District. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31592, p1
Reports that New York City Independent Budget Office has reiterated its skepticism of the city's plan to use commercial and residential development-dependent, tax increment financing bonds. Possible utilization of the bonds proceeds in remaking of the far West Side in Manhattan; Reason for the...
- Iowa County Readies $45M for Arena Project. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/30/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31275, p56
Reports that Polk County, Iowa, plans to implement its alternative borrowing plan for an arena and renovated auditorium and exhibition hall with a competitive sale of $45 million of general obligation bonds. Reason why the plan for a bond issue by the county was postponed; Company selected to...
- Joplin's road to recovery -- one year later. Pallerino, Michael J. // Commercial Construction & Renovation;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p6
The author discusses how the city of Joplin, Missouri has recovered from the devastating tornado that hit it on May 22, 2011. Joplin has reportedly accumulated about 997.3 million U.S. dollars in repairs and construction in all categories as of March 2014. The author concludes that Joplin's...
- Calgary school overhauled. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;07/07/97, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p21
Provides details concerning the renovation of Queen Elizabeth High School, a public school in Calgary, Alberta, by Ronalco Ltd. Designers; Features.
- Reconstruction. // Woodworker's Journal;Oct2012, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p22
The article focuses on the reconstruction of a high-school teaching shop in Greensburg, Kansas after its destruction by a tornado in May 4, 2007.
- Bonds to Burnish Dome. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/12/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33498, p7
The article reports on the fiscal budget bill drafted by Kansas Senate which proposes a bond-financed renovation of the statehouse in Topeka.
- Tulsa's Expo Square to Benefit From Second Debt Issue. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p5
No abstract available.