Panel to Pittsburgh: Create Review Board, Revamp Taxes
- Henderson chamber has eyes on Legislature. EMERSON, LAURA // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);1/10/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pP15
This article focuses on the Henderson Chamber of Commerce and its efforts to prepare for the Nevada Legislature's 76th session in 2011. The Henderson Chamber of Commerce's legislative committee is composed of 12 task forces and three government committees. According to Rick Smith of the IMPAC...
- Supercommittee weak on retirement. Bradford, Hazel // Pensions & Investments;8/22/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 17, p2
The article presents information on the task force created by the Budget Control Act, that was enacted to raise the U.S. debt ceiling. The task force is supposed to produce legislation that cuts the federal deficit long term. According to congressional sources, the panel members have been...
- Nevada Task Force Eyes Lottery, Taxes. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31488, p4
Reports on the consideration of the task force charged with identifying more sources of revenue in Nevada state on expanding the tax base. Information on the short-term tax remedy recommended for replacing gross receipts; Support provided by the Governor's Task Force on Tax Policy to...
- Proposed appraisal caps, spending limits supported. // East Bernard Express (TX);1/25/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p5
The article highlights the recommendations made by the Governor's Task Force on Appraisal Reform in Texas relevant to the empowerment of taxpayers and the promotion of a healthy economy.
- UITF on leasing and tax-driven financing. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Dec96, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p8
Reports that the Urgent Issues Task Force (UITF) in Great Britain has considered the comments received on the draft abstract published on July 31, 1996 and has concluded that an abstract entitled `Income and Expenses Subject to Non-Standard Rates of Tax' should be issued in the near future. ...
- White House announces tax reform task force. Youngman, Sam // Hill;3/26/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p3
The article focuses on the announcement made by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration concerning the formation of a task force responsible for the tax code to reduce corporate welfare.
- Cash-Strapped Governors Walking a Tax-Reform Tightrope. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p28
Focuses on the difficulty of governors in the Southwestern States to search for the middle ground between tax increases and lost revenues. Imposition of tax code to avert budget deficit; Transformation of complex tax laws; Assessment of property taxes and locks in ratios of tax rates.
- Virginia Finance Secretary Says Unspent Funds Will Avert Shortfall. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31421, p5
Reports the budget deficit in Virginia. Decline of individual income tax payment; Decease of the tobacco settlement revenue; Rating for general obligation bond.
- Generate economic health: Raise taxes? // Inside Tucson Business;12/23/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 29, p4
Editorial. Comments on the proposed tax increase in Tucson , Arizona. Solution of the state budget deficits; Generation of jobs; Stimulation of the economy.