FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- PA House bill promotes a divisive religious message. Joyce, Ed // Philadelphia Gay News;11/15/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 46, p11
The author comments on a bill that will require Pennsylvania public school districts to post "In God We Trust" in every school building.
- School Board Measures Get Thumbs-Up From Voters. Jackson, Mandy // San Diego Business Journal;3/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the passage of the Proposition 55 bond measure in California. Benefits of the measure to school districts and contractors; Availability of funds for school construction; Concept of the measure.
- TEXAS: McAllen ISD Starts Work. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/15/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32629, p9
The article reports on the plan of McAllen Independent School District in Texas to work on projects covered by a $97.8 million bond package when classes end May 31, 2007. By August 2007, Navarro Elementary School will have 18 new classrooms and Lincoln Middle School build a new gymnasium....
- OKLAHOMA: Washington ISD Passes Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/15/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32629, p9
The article reports that Washington voters have approved a $30 million bond package with 68% votes for Washington County Independent School District No. 30. The bond proceeds will be use to add classrooms to three elementary schools and a middle school and finance technology improvements,...
- Texas May Shift Part of Issue For Texas Southern University. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/21/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32591, p3
The article reports that Texas lawmakers have approved a bill that would shift part of a $46 million revenue bond issue for Texas Southern University from new construction to repair of damaged buildings on the Houston campus. The bill, which was sponsored by Representative Garnet F. Coleman, has...
- Tax rate may drop. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/16/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p1
The article reports that the residents of Whitney Independent School District (WISD) expect a decrease in their tax payments. The tax rate may be dropped, if the school board approves the new rate proposed in the public meeting on August 21, 2006. The article also reports that an increase in...
- Easing Tax-Exempt Fears. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p1
Reports on the clarification of the international corporate tax reform bill provisions in the U.S. Lack of negative impact on tax-exempt tender-option bonds; Amelioration of the Bond Market Association; Interpretation of the technical language.
- Cookie-cutter schools: a fatally flawed idea. Shelley, Jason // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/4/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p11A
The article reports on the debate among lawmakers in Indiana over a law that would create and continually update multiple stock school plans. School districts would be required to use one of the plans for new buildings, renovations and expansions. The article reveals that the proposed...
- California Textbook Bills Reach Governor. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;9/22/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p24
This article reports that California school districts could see lower textbook prices and gain more control over choosing instructional materials for their classrooms, under legislation on Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's desk. By law, California's state school board must review texts for grades...