Poway Sale Part of a 'Ton' of Coming California School Debt
- ISD Bond Vote Ahead. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/6/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33577, p9
The article reports on the plan of San Antonio, Texas' North East Independent School District (ISD) voters to consider 399.4 million dollars general obligation bonds in November 2011 following the approval of the bond issue by the board of trustees.
- Santa Fe, N.M., Schools Near End of $73 Million Authorization. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/12/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32669, p4
The article reports that Santa Fe Public School District in Santa Fe, New Mexico will be using most of its remaining authorization from a February 2005 election with its competitive sale of $28.5 million of general obligation bonds (GO). The sale will leave the school district with $5 million of...
- Arizona USD to Sell $41M Tranche of $162M Authorization. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32346, p4
The article reports on the intent of Paradise Valley Unified School District No. 69 of Maricopa County, Arizona to sell general obligation bonds authorized by voters. The negotiated sale will be on March 28 or 29, 2006. Bond proceeds will be used to rebuild an existing school, demolish some...
- Comal, Tex., School District Going TO Market With $105 Million of GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p40
The article reports that the Comal Independent School District in Texas will be issuing at least $105 million general obligation bonds in the first issuance from a $189.2 million authorization approved by voters. Proceeds from the bond sale will be used to finance new schools and facilities and...
- OKLAHOMA: Project List in Works. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/22/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33187, p9
The article reports on the move of trustees and administration officials of the Tulsa County Independent School District No. 1 in Oklahoma to create a bond development committee, which aims to develop a bond project list in anticipation of a school bond election in 2010. Bond project executive...
- Albuquerque Eyes Record. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/5/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32459, p1
No abstract available.
- Bossier Borrowing. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/27/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32058, p27
Reports on the plan of the Parish Wide School District of Bossier Parish to sell general obligation bonds in Bossier City, Louisiana. Use of the proceeds to refund bonds; Maturities of the deal; Intention of the school district to sell additional bonds.
- Aided by Refunding Binge, Bonding For Education Climbs Nearly 34%. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32191, p4A
Reports on the increase in the bond issuance in the education sector due to a surge in refunding in the bond market in the U.S. Amount of money being borrowed by primary and secondary school districts; Contribution of school building programs in helping the increase of issuance; Observation of...
- Californians Face $10B of Local Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32486, p1
The article reports on the $10 billion local bond measures of the state of California. At least 83 different bond request are on local ballots around the state, which seeks voter approval of $10.5 billion of general obligation (GO) debt. The majority of these GOs are for school districts, but...