Virginia Board OKs $7.2B Transportation Plan
- Virginia Court Kills NVTA Deal. Schroeder, Peter; Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;3/3/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32827, p1
The article reports on the decision of the Virginia Supreme Court that the $130 million of bonds, which are planned to be issued by the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority, a regional body created by state lawmakers, would be unconstitutional. According to the report, the high court...
- Roll call, please. // New Hampshire Business Review;3/29/96, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p1
Reports that the US Congress has passed a bill that would give municipalities the ability to issue bonds for economic development projects. Limitation of municipal bonding to a community's own capital projects; Fostering of public-private cooperation; Rejection of a bill to raise the minimum wage.
- Muni market must wipe out pay-to-play to eliminate slurs. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;07/28/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30196, p27
Opinion. Argues in favor of eliminating pay-to-play practices in the municipal bond market in the United States. Support for US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) chairman Arthur Levitt's proposal to eliminate the practice; Debate in the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board over whether...
- PSA proposed underwriters agreement to reflect regulatory, market changes. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;08/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30211, p1
Reports on proposals to revise standard agreement for municipal bond underwriters in the United States. Contrast with the proposals of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board; Rule affecting syndicate members; Obligation of underwriters to potential investors.
- PSA asks issuers to use standardized cover sheet for muni disclosure filings. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;08/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30211, p4
Reports on efforts to encourage the use of a standardized cover sheet among municipal bond issuers in the United States. Complaints over inaccuracies in the National Recognized Municipal Securities Information Repositories (NRMSIR); Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rules regarding...
- Envisioning a tax-exempt future. Green, Micah // American City & County;Jun94, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p18
Features suggested federal actions to maximize the value of tax-exempt municipal bonds and enhance their ability to leverage federal resources. Issuance of regulatory guidance on advance refunds; Broader tax-exempt financing for infrastructure projects involving private participation; Creation...
- You Can Call Them Bonds, Just Not Tobacco Bonds. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/3/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31648, p1
New York's Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. will begin selling more than two billion dollars in bonds on June 6, 2003. In an interview, Stephen J. Hunt, president of the New York Municipal Bond Bank Agency and head of the new independent state agency, said the upcoming sale would be marketed...
- PENNSYLVANIA: Philly Deals Total $1.05B. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/29/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33902, p9
The article reports that the government of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has planned to sell 150 million U.S. dollars of bonds in May 2013 to refund its water and waste water revenue and in June 2013 it will issue 400 million U.S. dollars in general obligation bonds.
- The CDO revolution continues as market awaits issue backed by hedge fund debt. O'Leary, Christopher // Asset Securitization Report;3/5/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p10
Focuses on the use of hedge fund debt and municipal bonds to back collateralized debt obligations (CDO). Launch of unrated junior notes by Ferrell Capital Management; Investment of funds in commodity and currency arbitrage; Problems with ratings transfers.