Senate OKs $20B State Aid Hike During Tax Package Votes
- Spending Bill Delay Hurts Road, Transit Aid. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/15/2003, Vol. 251 Issue 24, p9
The article reports that a huge, wrap-up spending bill has been stalled in the U.S. Congress Senate until late January, delaying increases it contains for big federal construction programs and construction firms that rely on that money. The House approved the huge bill on December 8, 2003 by a...
- The Daschle Deception. Moore, Stephen // Human Events;1/14/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p1
Deals with a speech of United States (U.S.) Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle (D.-S.D.) aimed at discrediting U.S. President George W. Bush's tax cut passed on May 2001. His argument about the reason for a decline in the treasury surplus; Views on spendings in various programs.
- The Clintonizer. Klein, Joe // New Yorker;07/14/97, Vol. 73 Issue 19, p35
Reports on the introduction of a tax-cutting plan by the United States Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle. Purpose of the plan; President Bill Clinton's stand; Achievements of Daschle as minority leader; Defeat of the Daschle bill; Daschle's comments after the rejection of the bill.
- Much Ado. Cahill, Virginia // Foundry Management & Technology;Jul2001, Vol. 129 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the issues about U.S. senate. Chairmanship of Senator Tom Daschle; Number of votes needed by the majority party; Control to the House of Representatives.
- Deconstructing Daschle. Victor, Kirk // National Journal;6/1/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p1608
Profiles U.S. Senate Majority Leader Thomas A. Daschle, D-S.D.. Traits of Daschle as a politician; Goal of Daschle for the Senate; Lessons learned by Daschle from a book written about Lyndon Johnson's career in the senate; Victories of Daschle in his political career; Stance taken by Daschle on...
- Bankruptcy Bill Mired In The Congressional Mud. Roberts, Ed // Credit Union Journal;06/18/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 25
Focuses on financial institution lobbyists' effort to build momentum for the industry-backed bankruptcy reform bill in the United States (U.S.). U.S. Senate Majority Leader Thomas Daschle's plan to revive the bill; Change of Senate control back to the Democrats.
- Senate Nixes Temporary Lifting Of Gasoline Tax. // Human Events;07/28/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 27, p22
Reports on the rejection by the United States Senate of an amendment to the Estate Tax Repeal bill that would suspend gasoline tax for 150 days. Sponsor of the amendment; Comments from legislators.
- Senate Almost Repeals Tax on Social Security. // Human Events;4/14/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 13, p30
Announces that the U.S. Senate rejected an amendment to the budget outline on March 25, 2003 that would have made it possible to repeal President Bill Clinton's 1993 tax on Social Security benefits. Number of Democrats who voted against the amendment; Origin of the 1993 tax.
- THE CONSCIENCE--OR CRANK--OF THE SENATE. Victor, Kirk // National Journal;10/20/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p3264
Focuses on the response of Senate Majority Leader Thomas A. Daschle, D-S.D., to the opposition of Senator Russell Feingold, D.-Wis., to a pay raise issue and anti-terrorism bill. Proposal of Feingold to the Senate; Details of the bills; Statements by Daschle.