John Cross to Chair ABA's Tax-Exempt Financing Committee
- Some good news on club dues. // CPA Journal;Oct94, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the effect of the Internal Revenue Service's proposed regulations on club dues. Deductibility of club dues paid for professional organizations and civic clubs; Rules' prohibition of deductions for dues or fees paid to business luncheon clubs and hotel clubs.
- More information, please. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;9/30/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 39, p12
Reports that U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is considering adding requirements to the Form 990, the annual disclosure document for tax-exempt organizations. Effort of the IRS to increase confidence in the 990 by improving the content and quality of information; Deadline set by the agency...
- TEI's Follow-Up Comments on Section 482 Services Regulations. // Tax Executive;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p43
The article discusses comments of the Tax Executives Institute (TEI) on Section 482 services regulations. It is stated that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) examiners should focus on high-value services and request for documentation of these services. TEI recommends revision of the...
- Associate member dues guidance on hold. // Association Management;Dec94, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the impending issuance of guidelines by the US Internal Revenue Service on the taxation of incomes of association membership. Components of regulations.
- Associate member dues: Still a concern. Jacobs, Jerald A.; Goedert, Paula Cozzi // Association Management;June97, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p137
Examines the position taken by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) related to associate member dues in associations in the United States. National attention received by associate member dues issue in 1993; What payment of certain dues constitutes, according to IRS; Protection for associate...
- Tell your story to the IRS. // Association Management;Mar1995, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p120
Focuses on how to educate the US Internal Revenue Service and government officials on an association's impact on society. Emphasis on tax exemption; Justification of nonprofit status; Public services; Use of Form 990; Contact information.
- IRS defines `lobbying'. // Association Management;Jun94, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p7
Reports that new regulations from the Internal Revenue Service requires all associations to keep track of their lobbying activities. Definition of lobbying; Tax deductibility; Scope of new laws.
- IRS ruling on dues raises concern. // Association Management;Apr94, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) ruling that membership dues in a trade association, received from associate members are actually advertising payments that constitute unrelated business income. Contact information.
- Taxing associate member dues. Tenenbaum, Jeffrey // Association Management;Jul94, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p59
Discusses the taxation of association membership dues by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). IRS regulations; Reclassification of dues as taxable income; Implications for associations; Membership categories. INSETS: Statute of limitations is no bar to the IRS.;Allocation of dues between...