San Antonio Selling $250M of Debt for Its 'Exemplary' Utility
- Virginia Selling $179 Million of New-Money, Refunding GOs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/30/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31646, p5
Triple-A rated Virginia is expected to sell 179 million dollars of general obligation bonds on June 4, 2003 including the first 50 million dollar tranche from the more than one billion dollars in higher education facilities and parks and recreation bond package approved by voters in November...
- Austin Community College District to Sell Its First GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/5/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31650, p7
The Austin Community College District in Texas will bring a 75 million dollar bond offering to market on June 12, 2003, in a deal that marks the 30-year-old system's first issue of general obligation debt. The sale comes just over a month after a May 3 election in which the district won its...
- Study shows third rating shrinks spreads. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/13/98, Vol. 64 Issue 15, p8
Focuses on a study which reports that corporate debt rating can affect bond spreads. How it can achieve cheaper funding costs; Comments from Bob Grossman, the managing director at that rating agency; Details on the study.
- Nigeria plans to sell 55 billion naira (US$ 340 million) in bonds with maturities of five and 20 years. // African Business News;7/10/2013, p28
The article presents information on the plans of Nigeria to sell 55 billion naira in bonds with maturities of five and 20 years, during its seventh monthly debt auction to be held on July 17, 2013.
- Asian Corporate Bond Volume Reaches Record. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/2/2012, p10
The article reports that as per data from Deologic, Asian firms, excluding those in Japan, issued a total of 312.4-billion dollars in bonds in 2011 comprising 1, 872 deals in investment-grade, high-yield and non-rated corporate debts and representing a 31% increase in bond issuances for 2010.
- The misunderstood asset. // Finweek;10/28/2010, p62
The article presents an overview on bonds, which is a certificate of debt issued by a company, public corporation or government to raise money that promises to pay the principal and interest in a fixed time.
- Carrier bonding. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;09/04/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 10, p36
Deals with the plan of Europe and United States telecommunication service providers to issue bonds to financial markets in 2000. Reason for the move; Concerns about European operators' debt cited by S&P analysts; Views on the bonds of European telecommunication companies. INSET: MGA Watch....
- Community Health Selling $4.58B in HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/13/2014, p40
The article reports on the first of several high yield bonds that has been delivered by Community Health Systems (CHS), a Frankilin, Tennessee-based hospital operator, for 2014. The company is selling 4.575 billion dollars in a two-part junk bond deal, composed of 2.875 billion dollars in senior...
- Myers Industries Price Talk Surfaces. Clouse, Carol J. // Private Placement Letter;9/16/2013, p3
The article reports that plastics manufacturer Myers Industries Inc. is working on private bond deal worth 100 million dollars. It states that the U.S. Bank is the agent of the deal for bonds which will mature in seven to ten years. It mentions that the company is planning to use the proceeds to...