Ambac CEO Lassiter to Retire Next Year; Genader Tapped
- Genader Named Ambac President. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/25/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31064, p7
Cites the appointment of Robert Genader as president and chief operating officer at Ambac Financial Group Inc.
- Ambac Wins Corporate Award for Charity Work. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p28
The article reports on Ambac Financial Group Chief Executive Officer Robert Genader's acceptance of the Corporate Award on behalf of his company from the Children's Village. The award recognizes Ambac's support to Children's Village's charity efforts. Children's Village is a nonprofit...
- Whispers. // Asset Securitization Report;5/12/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 19, p1
Presents news briefs pertaining to asset-backed securities in the U.S., as of May 12, 2003. Plan of Phillip Lassiter to resign his post of chief executive officer of Ambac Financial Group at the end of 2003; Fixed-rate agency issuance in April 2003; Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp.'s lowering...
- Ambac: TARP'S Guarantee Could Boost Several Sectors. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;10/30/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32993, p7
The article reports on the claims of Ambac Financial Group Inc. that a Treasury-backed guarantee program could have a positive impact for several critical sectors of the U.S. economy. David Wallis, Ambac president and chief executive officer (CEO), wrote in a letter that a Treasury-backed...
- Ambac Vice Chair Boyle to Retire. Helen Chang // Bond Buyer;2/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32077, p6
The article informs that Ambac Financial Group Inc. vice chairman David Boyle will retire in June, the company said yesterday. Boyle joined the insurer in 1997 as senior vice president of its financial management services. He subsequently served as executive vice president and vice chairman of...
- Ambac issues debt to finance expansion. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;04/07/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30367, p31
Reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc. issued $200 million of 100-year debt in April 1998 as part of an effort to increase the company's capital for future expansion efforts. Ratings by Moody's Investors Service and Standard and Poor's; Lead manager.
- How to play the muni boom and earn around 35 percent. Sheeline, Bill // Money;Mar93, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p80
Explains the reasons why stock in Ambac, the oldest insurer of municipal bonds, is a good investment. Description of firm's business; How the firm is able to show profits even in slow years; Outlook for prosperous years; Comments from Ambac CEO Phillip Lassiter; Share prices and earnings...
- Municipal bond fears insure Ambac's future. Mirabella, Alan // Crain's New York Business;2/20/95, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p39
Focuses on the stock performance of New York City-based Ambac Incorporated. Effect of increase in demand for insurance as a result of increased acquisition of municipal bonds; Comments of Ambac chairman Phillip B. Lassiter on the trend in municipal bond acquisition.
- Ambac Reports Surge in Income, Looks Ahead With Optimism. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31368, p3
Reports the increase in the first-quarter net income of Ambac Financial Group Inc. in New York. Acceleration of operating earnings; Resignation of public relations director, Brian Moore; Comparison between the earnings in the first quarter and last year.