New Jersey Representative Proposes $5 Billion Fund for School Construction
- Dems cannot stop Andrews bid for Senate. Blake, Aaron // Hill;4/3/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 36, preceding p2
The article reports on the statement by U.S. Representative Robert Andrews of New Jersey that he wills challenge fellow Democratic Senator Frank Lautenberg in a primary election in June 2008.
- A Textbook Example of Organizing. Penning, Nick // School Administrator;May2003, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p39
Deals with the Legislative Corps of the American Association of School Administrators (AASA). Information on the AASA Legislative Corps Weekly Report; Use of the AASA Legislative Corps Alert; Cases which illustrate the importance of the AASA Legislative Corps.
- Support for capping school salaries. ABB // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/9/93, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p16
Reports on the passage of a legislation regarding the reform package that capped Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) administrators' salaries in Long Island, New York. Omission of set pay levels for local school district administrators; Protection of taxpayers.
- Minn. Senate panel approves anti-bullying bill. // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/2/2009, Issue 1110, p16
The article reports that the Senate Education Committee has approved the bill that would expand the school's anti-bullying policies in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- The East. // Capitol Ideas;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p6
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. related to legislation including a bill that proposes a 151-member unicameral body, a bill by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie that requires background checks for school board members, and a law signed by Governor Peter Shumlin on penalties.
- Petition Drive Fails. Horton Gay, Gale // Washington Informer;6/6/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 34, p13
The article discusses the failure of Citizens for Elected Board (CEB) to get the necessary petition signatures for stalling the implementation of a new law changing the public school management structure in Prince George's County, Maryland.
- NEW BILLS. // Education Week;6/15/1983, Vol. 2 Issue 38, p12
A list of bills recently introduced in Congress related to elementary and secondary education in the U.S. is presented. One of them is the bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to offer a tax credit for tuition and fees. This was followed by a bill to raise the annual and aggregate...
- Congressman tracks waste issues to D.C. Duff, Susanna // Waste News;04/02/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p12
Reports on New Jersey Representative Robert Andrews' efforts to push waste management issues at the national and state legislative level. Andrew's introduction of bills that would require recycled construction material in federal and state highways; Types of congressmen who are sensitive to...
- High Court Declines Second Look at Athletic-Recruiting Case. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;4/10/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p22
Focuses on the court battle between Brentwood Academy and high school sports authority over recruiting violations in Tennessee. Investigation done by the Supreme Court on school rules; Penalties imposed by the court to Brentwood; Concerns over the interest of the association.