Proposed Refunding Rules Released; Lawyers Voice Concern
- IRS lawyer clarifies waste ruling. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30633, p1
Reports that Bruce M. Serchuk, a lawyer with the Internal Revenue Service, has read a statement in an attempt to clarify confusion over how regulators view certain solid-waste recycling bond transactions. Confusion over the taxation of certain solid-waste recycling bonds; Technical advice...
- S corporations and IRC sec. 1244 stock. Colburn, Steven C. // CPA Journal;Aug94, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p48
Presents the tax treatment of Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 1244 stocks issued to S corporations. Requirements for stocks to qualify as IRC Section 1244 stocks; Loss treatment on IRC Section 1244 stock issued to shareholders of an S corporation; Tax Court's decision on the case `Virgil D....
- Tax-exempts gain focus. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;04/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30624, p1
Highlights a preliminary blueprint for the reorganization of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) which would give more focus on tax-exempt bonds. Establishment of a tax-exempt operating division; Significant increase in the number of people and agents that would focus solely on bonds.
- IRS: San Diego Agency's Lease-to-Own Debt May Be Taxable. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;2/28/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32577, p35
The article reports on the potential of lease-to-own bonds' earned interest of the San Diego Area Housing and Finance Agency to be taxable based on the ruling of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The Agency is included in the IRS investigation of 22 transactions for problems such as...
- IRS Declares Pima County, Ariz., IDA's Lease-to-Own Bonds Taxable. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32610, p5
The article reports that the Pima County Industrial Development Authority (IDA) in Arizona announced that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has declared its lease-to-own bonds taxable. The Pima County IDA's announcement comes after New Mexico's Region III Housing Authority revealed that the IRS...
- City's COPs Ruled Taxable Due to Yield-Burning Strategy. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p4
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that the waste and wastewater certificates of participation issued by Santa Maria, California are taxable. Basis of the IRS decision; Citations of the type of bonds the certificate exhibit; Reason behind the issuance of the...
- IRS: Utility Can Demolish Facilities Without Harming Bonds' Status. HUME, LYNN // Bond Buyer;3/24/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33488, p5
The article reports on the ruling of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on the right of an investor-owned utility to demolish bond-financed pollution control facilities without jeopardizing the tax-exempt status of the bonds or its interest deductions related to the debt.
- New FAQ Answers Common Tax-Credit Bond Questions. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;9/14/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33382, p3
The article reports on the Internal Revenue Services' (IRS) publication of the answers of frequently asked questions (FAQ) especially the common tax-credit bond questions in the U.S.
- IRS: Chicago Park District Deal Taxable. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;12/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31530, p1
Reports on a preliminary determination of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that several million dollars in advance refunding bonds issued by the Park District of Chicago, Illinois should be declared taxable. Reasons for the determination issued in a policy on December 6, 2002; Key...