NEWS IN BRIEF
- ABS DATA. // Asset Securitization Report;4/16/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p20
Presents credit ratings given to several U.S.-based companies in the financial securities industry by rating agencies Fitch Ratings Inc., Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. as of April 2001. Rating given by Moody's to California Infrastructure and Economic Development...
- IMF May Create Court to Shield Nations From Creditors. Showalter, Monica // Human Events;10/14/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 38, p5
Reports on the opposition of bankers, investors, and analysts to the proposal of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the U.S. Treasury Department regarding the debts of sovereign nations. Details of the proposal; Impact of the proposal on investors; Commitment of IMF official Anne Krueger...
- Monroe County, N.Y., Downgraded by Fitch. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p6
Reports that the credit rating company Fitch Ratings Inc. has downgraded New York's Monroe County to BBB-plus from A-plus on January 15, 2003. Reference to last downgrade of the county; Downgrade of the county by other credit rating companies Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's...
- Rating Changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31340, p31
Reports on changes in ratings assigned to bonds by various rating providing services in the U.S. as of March 8, 2002. Ratings given to solid waste system revenue bonds issued in New Jersey by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Change in ratings of general obligation bonds issued in Maryland by Moody's...
- Fitch Drops N.J. Ratings Over $5.3 Billion Budget Gap. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/26/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31374, p40
Reports the low general obligation credit ratings of Fitch Ratings for New Jersey. Plan of the state to use tobacco settlement money; Decision of Moody's Investor Service to downgrade the credit ratings of the state; Reassurance of the state for rating agencies.
- Fitch, Moody's Study Defaults With an Eye to Ultimate Recovery. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31412, p6
Reports the business plans of Fitch Ratings company and Moody's Investors Service Inc. in San Francisco, California. Upgrade of rating system by Fitch; Release of default study by Moody's; Enhancement of below-investment grade debt by Fitch.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p31
Reports developments on bonds in the U.S. as of September 2002. Debt rating assigned to Condell Medical Center by Fitch Ratings company; Credit outlook of Moody's Investors Service Inc. for the Minnesota public school districts; Approval of annual hike in property taxes by the Saint Paul school...
- Rating agencies bearish on reinsurance outlook. // Canadian Underwriter;Oct2002, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the outlook of rating agencies Moody's Investors Service and Fitch Ratings on the reinsurance sector in the U.S. as of October 2002. Factors that will affect the growth of the reinsurance sector; Comment from Ted Collins, managing director of property and casualty reinsurance at...
- RATINGS. // Asset Securitization Report;6/17/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p10
Reports the release of the commentary made by Fitch Ratings on the credit ratings conducted by Moody's Investor Service Inc.