Keeping up, running & profitable with CMMSs
- Toyota Engineers Develop Hoverboard. // Assembly;Sep2015, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p19
The article reports on a hoverboard developed by engineers at Japanese automaker Toyota's Lexus division that operates based on magnetic levitation technology and uses liquid nitrogen cooled superconductors and permanent magnets.
- Flex Time. Corbett, Brian // Ward's Auto World;Feb2003, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p32
Focuses on the use of the C-Flex programmable body shop tooling at the Lordstown, Ohio and Orion Township, Michigan assembly plants of automobile manufacturer General Motors Corp. Key function of C-Flex; Cost of implementing C-Flex into an assembly plant; Benefits from the plant.
- Hybrid systems lead the way. Venables, Mark // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;May/Jun2006, p64
Deals with the emergence of hybrid transfer lines which can replace the traditional format transfer lines used in automobile manufacturing. Production capabilities of the hybrid transfer lines according to machine tool manufacturer Cross Huller; Examples of hybrid transfer lines; Description of...
- Laser-Etching Enhances the Labeling of Automotive Parts. Jarvis, William; Kennedy, Shaun // Product Design & Development;Nov2005, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p27
The article focuses on laser-etching to enhance the labeling of automotive parts. Laser-etched labels offer advantages over traditional methods, such as pre-printing via thermal transfer. Parts manufacturers can carve out variable information directly on the labels at ultra-high speed with the...
- In Pursuit of the Perfect Paint Job. Lipple, Steven R. // Products Finishing;Jan2012, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p20
The article focuses on the processes of the paint finishes of vehicles as well as the challenges a manufacturer faces throughout the procedure. It cites several materials that can cause contamination to a vehicle undergoing surface preparation such as dirt, dust and lint. It mentions that the...
- Standard processes: future potential. Webzell, Steed // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;May/Jun2010, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p34
The article explores the use of an automated multi-spindle machine in automobile manufacturing. It notes that automated multi-spindle machine is the most productive means of turning automotive parts in high volume. It details how DJJ Precision Engineering resume production of an automotive job...
- Materials & manufacturing processes. // Machine Design;Dec95, Vol. 67 Issue 23, p268
Presents a directory on materials and manufacturing processes, specifically on fibers, wood paper and cork. Contact points.
- Materials & manufacturing processes. // Machine Design;Dec95, Vol. 67 Issue 23, p274
Presents a product directory on materials and manufacturing processes, specifically composite materials. Contact points.
- Materials & manufacturing processes. // Machine Design;Dec95, Vol. 67 Issue 23, p275
Presents a product directory on materials and manufacturing processes, specifically on parts and forms. Contact points.