Networking the organization: Ford's CAD/CAM/CAE/PIM strategy
- Ross steered Ford into technology. Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;12/25/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5638, p6
Looks at how Lou Ross, Ford Motor Company's vice chairman steered the company into technology. Information on technology at company; Background information on Ross; Details on technical enhancements at Ford; Comments from Ross. INSET: Lou Ross..
- Ford will prep dealers better on new technologies. LaReau, Jamie // Automotive News;10/3/2011, Vol. 86 Issue 6484, p8
The article reports that Ford Motor Co. is enhancing its training for automobile dealers involving company's new technologies, followed by consumers uncomfortability result reported in J. D. Power and Associates Inc.' customer-satisfaction surveys.
- The dimensions of technological change. Mathaisel[a], B.F. // Canada-United States Law Journal;1999, Vol. 25, p11
Reports the effect of using information technology and electronic business on Ford Motor Company in the United States. Comparison of first quarter sales between Ford Motor Company and General Motors; Significance of the Internet in capturing market segment interest; Ability of getting free...
- A MUCH BETTER IDEA? // CIO Insight;Jan2003, Issue 22, p30
Examines the use and application of the Internet to improve the operations of the U.S.-based automobile manufacturing company, Ford Motors Co. Partnership with computer and web site companies; Improvement of production and marketing systems; Application of information technology; Business...
- Knowledge Worth $1.25 Billion. Stewart, Thomas A. // Fortune International (Europe);11/27/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 12, p120
Discusses Ford's Best Practices Replication Process. Details of the Process which shares information; Discussion of the Rapid Actions for Process Improvement Deployment, or RAPID; Reasons why the system did not detect the mismatch of Ford Explorers and Firestone tires.
- On Goes The Debate. Murphy, Tom // Ward's Auto World;Jan2002, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p58
Focuses on Manufacturing Performance Solutions (MPS) which offers training in lean methods. History of MPS; Number of Ford assembly plants in which MPS provided training; Average number of engineering changes made by automakers after the first manufacturing trial of an automobile model; Number...
- Transportation Transformation. Powers, William // R&D Magazine;Jun99, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p58
Discusses the automotive technology of the 21st century. Details on the features of the transformation in automotive technology; Factors behind automotive research in Ford Motor Corporation; Discussion on the technological innovations in the automobile industry and its effect on customers.
- New focus at Ford. Richardson, Ed // Automotive Industries;Aug2005, Vol. 185 Issue 8, p10
The article reports that the Ford Focus is the product of Ford Motor Company's Global Shared Technologies initiative. Sharing elements of its underlying architecture with the Focus C-MAX, the Volvo S40/V50 and the Mazda3, the Focus range benefits from shared engineering efficiencies while...
- FYI: GM SYSTEM BRINGS HEADS-UP TO REAR COLLISIONS. // Automotive Body Repair News;Jul2003, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p74
Features several technologies for the automobile industry in the U.S. WOW technology of Ford Motor Co.; Driver interface technology of General Motors Corp.; Technology features.