- Cycle time is in the cut now. Zelinski, Peter // Modern Machine Shop;Aug97, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p130
Describes efficient performance of the high volume machining centers of Indiana Precision Technology (IPT), a supplier of fuel injection systems for Honda. Out-of-cut functions performed by the centers; Widest margin offered by machining time for future cycle time reductions; Flexibility of...
- Hancock County. // Indianapolis Business Journal;May2004 Promo Supp, p22
Describes business expansion and economic development efforts in Hancock County, Indiana. Description of operations and growth efforts of Eli Lilly and Co., Community College of Hancock County, Indiana Automotive Fasteners, Keihin Indiana Precision Technologies and Precedent Development; Hancock...
- Spindles, gage heads key to roundness accuracy. Brem, Thomas // Quality;Oct97, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p42
Discusses the basics of roundness measurement process. Roundness-measurement needs; Basic measuring tools; Techniques in machining operations; Roundness measuring machines; Achieving alignment; Need for proper inductive gage head.
- Approximate roundness gaging. Schuetz, George // Modern Machine Shop;Jan94, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p116
Discusses matters pertinent to gaging approximate roundness. Circular geometry gage; Understanding the geometry involved; Symmetrical and asymmetrical lobing; Diametrical measurement methods.
- Four methods of measuring out-of-roundness. Schuetz, George // Modern Machine Shop;Aug97, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p156
Details approaches in measuring out-of-roundness or circularity. Ideal roundness according to American National Standards Institute (ANSI); Maximum Inscribe Circle (MIC); Minimum Circumscribed Circle (MCC); Least Squares Center (LSC); Minimum Radial Separation (MRS).
- The dos & don'ts of roundness measurement. Litsikas, Mary // Quality;Nov96, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p36
Offers tips on how to operate computerized roundness instruments. Includes centering; Missing datum; Probe size; Filtering; Improper clamping; Reference circle; Instrument misalignment; Absence of a correlation with a fixture; Measuring points; Rotational speed; Form specification; Right tools;...
- MTI has the HOTS for agents with Hawaiian-bound clients. Seiden, Allan // Travel Agent;5/20/96 Supplement Hawaii, Vol. 280 Issue 12, p6
Looks at the importance of Hawaii as a destination for MTI, since charter tours in Hawaii became popular in 1972. Comments from Scott Bell, director of business development for MTI; Rates for entry-level packages; Details on `Free Meal Deals' program; Information on MTI; What was shown by MTI...
- Bumper apple crop. // Hungary A.M.;8/5/2014, p3
The article reports that the Hungarian news agency MTI has been informed by the Apple Products Council about an expected bumper crop of 800,000 tons of apple for 2014.
- Measure hole diameters and tapers. // Modern Machine Shop;Mar94, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p291
Introduces the Digital Hole Chek and Chamfer Chek Gages for measuring hole diameters and tapered parts manufactured by MTI Corporation. Product features; Specification; Contact information.