Cookin' with lons
- Henkel adds lubricants. // Chemical Week;1/22/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p27
Reports on Henkel Corp.'s purchase of can lubricants maker Diversified Technology. Diversified's production of lubricants for aluminum and steel beverage can manufacturing and aluminum rolling mills.
- Ion implantation. // Design Engineering;May96, p17
Focuses on ion implantation, a surface treatment which is said to extend tooling life, cut downtine and improve production quality. Features; Process description.
- Plasma immersion ion implantation of the interior surface of a large cylindrical bore using an... Zeng, X.C.; Kwok, T.K.; Liu, A. G.; Chu, P. K.; Tang, B. Y. // Journal of Applied Physics;1/1/1998, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p44
Studies plasma immersion ion implantation (PIII) of the interior surface of a large cylindrical bore by using an auxiliary electrode. What is the source of the PIII; Discussion and results of the study; Investigation of a sheath expansion into a cylindrical bore with an auxiliary electrode.
- Advances in ion implanter productivity and safety. Romig, Terry; McManus, Jim // Solid State Technology;Dec96, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p69
Examines the impact of advanced dopant delivery systems on ion implanter productivity and safety. Comparison between conventional dopant source materials and a new atmospheric pressure SDS Gas source; How SDS Gas source works; Adsorption forces; Adsorbents; Delivery methodology; Productivity...
- Ion implantation, yesterday and today. Rose, Peter H. // Solid State Technology;May97, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p129
Traces the evolution of the ion implantation process. Bell Laboratories' use of the ion implantation process in the 1950s; Dose versus energy diagram showing the growth of applications of ion implantation with time; Schematic illustration of the flat panel handling in the Orion NV6072 machine.
- Implantation damage and transient enhanced diffusion modeling. Giles, Martin D.; Shaofeng Yu; Kennel, Harold W.; Packan, Paul A. // Solid State Technology;Feb98, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p97
Presents experimental results that provide insight to damage generation and annealing processes involved in ion implantation. Transient enhanced diffusion across multiple anneals; Dopant redistribution and solubility effects; Practical modeling approaches to support technology development.
- Chrome plating alternative harder. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/6/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 23, p17
Reports on plasma source ion implantation technique (PSII) under development at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico. Possibility of having more durable and longer-lasting machinery parts; Viability as alternative to chrome plating.
- Optical characteristics of LiNbO3 implanted with Au+ ions. Shang, D.Y.; Matsuno, H. // Journal of Applied Physics;7/1/1996, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p406
Studies the optical characteristics of LiNbO3 implanted with Au+ ions at energy of 23 keV. Production of metal ions in the ion source; Peak of the absorption spectra of as-implanted samples.
- Principles and characteristics of a new generation plasma immersion ion implanter. Chu, P.K.; Tang, B.Y.; Cheng, Y.C.; Ko, P.K. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Apr97, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p1866
Describes the design, fabrication and installation of a multipurpose plasma immersion ion implanter in the City University of Hong Kong. Design principles; Characteristics and operating principles.