Do you know your people?
- Creative collaborations. Schwartz, Andrew E. // Executive Excellence;Aug97, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p15
Discusses how to apply the win-win philosophy to business reality. Five approaches to negotiating; Guidelines of collaboration; Negotiating as a vital managerial skill; Negotiators' need to concern themselves with substantive issues and their continuing relationships with people.
- Types of vertical exchange relationships: An empirical re-examination of the cadre/hired-hand... Tanner Jr., John F.; Ridnour, Rick E.; Castleberry, Stephen B. // Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice;Summer97, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p109
Re-examines the depiction of types of vertical exchange relationships. Use of a two-dimensional measure of quality of vertical exchange relationships; Measurement of the vertical exchange relationship quality; Influence of vertical exchange relationship types on performance and satisfaction.
- Employee relations. // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p5
Provides information on employee related activities of the personnel department in Great Britain. Personnel professionals need for business skills; Counselling of Metropolitan Police Force; Approach of human resource management to privatized utilities; Jobs lost by fire fighters.
- Employee relations. // People Management;12/21/95, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p7
Presents reports on the business sector focusing on employee relations. Asda supermaket as `Scrooge employer of the year'; Number of management jobs in the health service which are expected to be lost over the next 12 months; Person who responded to the government proposals for streamlining...
- Employee relations. // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p7
Presents reports on employee relations in Great Britain. Effects of Trustee Savings Bank-Lloyds Bank merger to employees of the companies; Result of a survey on the attitudes of workers at Mercury towards trade unions; Support of trade unions to the principle of industrial action ballot.
- Equal opportunities. // People Management;07/11/96, Vol. 2 Issue 14, p5
Reports on issues that revolve in employer-employee relations in corporate organizations in Britain. Creation of a consultation document by the Equal Opportunities Commission for Northern Ireland; Announcement of a more flexible leave options by NatWest Bank.
- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;07/11/96, Vol. 2 Issue 14, p51
Presents various tribunal cases in Britain in line with issues on employer-employee relations. Cases considering the effect of a contractual disciplinary procedures; Cases representing the effects of imposing changes to contract terms; Effectivity date for the two consolidating statutes, the...
- Employee relations. // People Management;07/25/96, Vol. 2 Issue 15, p8
Talks about employee relations developments in Great Britain. Proposals for the expanded role for conciliation service Acas in resolving employment rights disputes; Labor bill on legal protection to people who expose fraud and other malpractice in the workplace; Effects of fixed-term contracts...
- Employment law checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p54
Reports on legal developments relevant to industrial relations in Great Britain, as of November 6, 1997. Sex discrimination; Continuity of employment; Compromise agreements; Sick pay.
- Industrial relations in the 1990s. McQueen, Jennifer R. // Business Quarterly;Autumn90, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p108
Discusses trends in industrial relations in the 1990s. Emergence of a new kind of workforce; Increase in the number of families where both partners work; Decline in wages behind inflation; Creative solutions for dealing with challenges in employee-employer relations.