When worlds collide
Tags: INFORMATION technology
- Raising your net mgmt. project batting average. Kaplan, Jeffrey // Network World;08/17/98, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p30
Opinion. Comments on the importance of managing information technology projects. Challenges which face network management projects; Required process environments; Unrealistic expectation which abound in the information technology and networking industry; How to structure network management...
- Technologies de l'information: Necessites strategiques ou sources d'avantage concurrentiel? Une... Dent-Micallef, Anne; Powell, Thomas // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p39
Investigates the conditions under which the use of information technology (IT) produces performance advantages. Advantages of IT in resource- based conceptual synthesis; Lack of correlation between ITs in empirical studies taking place in the retail industry; Combination of IT with intangible...
- Information technology. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Sep97, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p81
Reports on several developments in information technology (IT) as of September 1997. Allocation for large-scale IT projects; Internet banking; Cost of ownership.
- Information technology. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p74
Lists several developments in information technology in New Zealand as of October 1997. Includes global bulk purchase and standardization with Dell; Object orientation with Jobal Cashbook; Neural computing; Alliance between Apple and Microsoft.
- Sharing information. Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Workforce;Mar98 Supplement Global Workforce, Vol. 77, p12
Discusses trends in information technology. Utilization of technology options to increase workforce efficiency; Global companies' development of Internet sites and corporate intranets; Advantages of a technological infrastructure; Description of Viacom International Inc.'s technological...
- The conference corner. Felice, Don // Conference Analysis;10/03/97, Vol. 4 Issue 413, p10
Focuses on the changes in the information technology industry. Change as the common topic in any conference on any segment of the industry; Changes encountered in the industry by Stan Regula who once worked at the company that produced the UNIVAC computer.
- GO EAST, YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR. Das, Santanu // Siliconindia;Jan2001, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p28
Describes the cultural differences between the East and West Coasts and their roles in deciding on where to startup an information technology company. Objective of Transwitch Corp. in staying out of Silicon Valley; Difference of East and West Coast Indians; Effects of focusing on the...
- Information technology in real-time for monitoring and managing natural disasters Alexander, David // Progress in Physical Geography;Sep1991, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p238
No abstract available.
- Rough surfing for IT. Jason, Pini // African Business;Nov96, Issue 215, p25
Reports on the state of the information technology (IT) industry of Nigeria. Decrease in the prices of computers; Proliferation of mobile phones and pagers; Hesitance of the Nigerian government on the growth of Internet and the International Mobile Satellite (IMARSAT) organization; Status of...