Patricia Houlihan: Focused on Helping the Senior Population
- CAREERS BRIEF: PFS makes the Isle of Man its 27th region. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);4/14/2011, Following pS3
The article presents information that the Personal Finance Society, England-based professional organization of individual financial advisors, has increased its membership from 100 to 126 on the Isle of Man, making the island its 27th region.
- Exams for financial advisers. // Accountancy;Jun91, Vol. 107 Issue 1174, p40
Reveals that the Society of Financial Advisers (SOFA) plans to raise the standards of advisers in both the tied and independent sectors in Great Britain. Enabling of advisers to progress towards membership in SOFA via Chartered Insurance Institute examinations.
- Do your homework first. Mills, Kate // BRW;9/2/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p30
The article offers advice on how to choose a financial planner in Australia, including determining the financial goals, checking the qualifications of the planner and matching them to their membership of a professional organization.
- Letter to the editor: Advisers should be praised for their work with older clients. Childs, Arthur // Money Marketing (Online Edition);2/27/2014, p61
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses how independent financial advisers (IFA) work with elderly clients in Great Britain.
- The Latecomers. Thompson, Helen // Advisor Today;Dec2007, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p58
The article offers suggestions on how to reach and help the latecomers or the older people who needs financial services. It is recommended to help the latecomers identify gaps in the health care coverage, and show them how supplemental policies bridge the differences. It is also suggested that...
- Know before you invest. Perrotta, Noreen // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Nov2012, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p2
The editor of "Consumer Reports Money Advisor" discusses a report from the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards which discovered that more than half of the 2600 Certified Financial Planners (CFPs) surveyed had worked with an elderly client who had been subjected to financial exploitation.
- Financial Gerontology. Timmermann, Sandra // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jan2002, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p25
Explains how working with elder law attorneys can help financial service professionals counsel the elderly about retirement and retirement planning. Importance of drawing up advance directives which allow people to make decisions about their wishes regarding their finances, health care, and...
- Working With Senior Clients. Mason, Jerry // Advisor Today;Nov2000, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p122
Provides guidelines for managing the investment of seniors by financial advisor, agent or financial planners. Topics that should be discussed with the aged about investment issues; Objective of the Certified Senior Advisor.
- Unlocking the Communication Code of Seniors. Solie, David L. // Wealth Channel Magazine;Spring2013, p18
The article explores financial advisers' communication with their senior clients. The author says advisors who updated their understanding of the psychology of seniors can see more productivity and rewarding relationships with their senior clients. Utilizing language that resonates with control...