Alaska Trusts Provide Asset Protection at an Affordable Cost
- Your Prudent Practice. Shenkman, Martin M. // Financial Planning;Dec2007, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p61
The article offers information about the Prudent Investor Act and its corollary, the Principal and Income Act in the U.S. Aside from changing the laws regarding the investment of assets held in trusts, estates, guardianships and other fiduciary relationships, it also serves as a significant tool...
- From Your Colleagues. // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p47
This section outlines several mistakes committed in estate planning including unnecessary inclusion of family trust corpus in the estate of descendants and not having the proper incremental amount going for final distribution.
- When Do You Need a Trust? Decker, Gary // Munday Courier (TX);5/23/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p3
The article describes various kinds of trusts depending on the financial need like the charitable remainder trust (CRT), irrevocable life insurance trust and qualified terminable interest property (QTIP) trust.
- How to Spend a Trust Fund in Three Years. Dickman, Jessica // Penumbra;2015, Vol. 25, p39
The article offers an advice on spending a trust fund in three years.
- $2B Michigan City Fund Revamps Portfolio Holdings, Policy. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;4/17/2013, p3
The article reports that the City of Detroit General Retirement System (GERS) Board of Trustees has voted to revise the management structure of its equity and fixed-income manager lineup as of April 17, 2013. Investment consultant NEPC recommended changes to the 420 million dollars investments...
- UBS Funds' Trustees Vote Selves Big Raises. Pizzani, Lori // Money Management Executive;12/5/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 46, p4
The article presents information about UBS funds which are managed by either UBS Global Asset Management Inc. or UBS Financial Services Inc. The UBS Funds' board members revealed that its independent trustees will increase their annual retainer fees a hefty 36% beginning January 1, 2006 from...
- STOCKS AND BONDS. Reidinger, Paul // ABA Journal;Apr87, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p76
Reports on a court ruling on a lawsuit against a stockbroker accused of violating fiduciary duty. Requirements for allegations of fiduciary duty violations against stockbrokers to stand in court; Details of the case; Legal precedents.
- Business Development: Operating an Enterprise: 5.4 Trusts. // Doing Business with Malta;2005, p220
The chapter discusses the regulation of trusts in Malta. The Trusts Act of 1988 regulates the registration of trusts. The types of trusts created by the act are enumerated. An intention to create a trust must be clearly manifested. The elements that comprise this manifestation are indicated. In...
- Understanding Proposed Legislation for Digital Assets. Bissett, William; Kauffman, David // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p16
The article discusses the Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act (FADAA), a proposed U.S. legislation for estates with digital assets such as blogs, email, and social media accounts as of April 2014, with a focus on financial planning for digital assets. Topics include digital assets as personal...