- How do you pay for your insurance policy? // Finweek;9/22/2011, p64
The article offers suggestion on hiring financial planners for insurance policy.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE. Nicolette, Nick // Journal of Financial Planning;May2007 Supplement, Vol. 20, p4
The article introduces topics discusses in this issue, including a new code of ethics by the Certified Financial Planner Board and other issues concerning financial planners.
- Selling More VUL: Challenging Times Can Create Opportunities. Keenan, John // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/17/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 51, p21
Discusses how a partnership between life insurers and financial professionals can resolve the problems on the sales of variable universal life (VUL) insurance. Benefits of the partnership in cases of split dollar plans; Plans to phase out the estate tax; Volatility of the stock market; Areas of...
- VUL Could Be Coming Back. Wright, Robert "Bucky" // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/4/2010, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p21
The article presents a forecast for a better performance of the variable universal life (VUL) insurance in 2010 in the U.S. brought about by the market and product changes. It mentions that VUL enables policy holder to re-accumulate lost assets with reduced volatility risk. It notes that...
- The Next Generation Of Insurance-Based Planning. Berg, Brett W.; Smucker, David K. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/14/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p16
Discusses the opportunities for investment planners to help S corporation owners create nonqualified savings plans, especially using variable universal life insurance (VUL) for long-term potential cash accumulation. Funding of such nonqualified savings plans by taking additional income from the...
- Executive Bonus Plans Offer Simplicity And Certainty. Harrison, John F. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/14/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p21
Discusses reasons why it would be good for financial planners to propose the Section 162 executive bonus plan to their prospective clients. Security and viability provided by bonus plans during times of uncertainty about executive benefits; Plan particulars for a corporation domiciled in...
- Capital Repositioning. BRitt, Shawn A. // Advisor Today;Sep2005, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p68
The article explains that financial advisors in the U.S. can divide their clients' assets in order to ensure a better retirement and a larger legacy. Unique annuity products are available to allow people to reposition their assets. One strategy is to divide available assets into two components....
- Insurance Technology "2.0:" An Interactive Process for 2013. Weber, Richard M. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Mar2013, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p40
2013 will bring big changes in supplemental policy illustration technology, and a new Society of Financial Service Professionals member benefit will give planners and insurance professionals an opportunity to offer valuable policy management services to their clients.
- Prepare for changes an inheritance brings. HORRIGAN, DENIS // Medical Economics;12/25/2012, Vol. 89 Issue 24, p56
The article presents suggestions on receiving an inheritance. It is advised that financial adviser should be asked to run cash flow projections to see where money will be the most productive. It is recommended to be aware of the litigiousness of the society and mitigate the risks. It is...