Investing All the Way to the Finish Line
- Eye on a FUND. // Money (Australia Edition);Feb2003, p72
Focuses on the HSBC Strategic Property Trust, an Australian property securities fund. Type of investors suited for the fund; Asset allocation of the fund; Growth of the fund.
- Minnesota Tinkers with Non-U.S. Allocation. Clouse, Carol J. // Investment Management Weekly;07/05/99, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p2
Reports on the changes to the asset class of the Minnesota State Board of Investment in Minneapolis. Flexibility offered to the asset allocation decision of the fund; Strategy of the fund regarding developed and emerging market investments; Asset allocation mix of the fund.
- FUND. // Money (14446219);Jan2003, p78
Focuses on the Australian Unity Defined Income Trust. Objective of the fund; Recommended investors for the fund; Asset allocation of the fund.
- FUND. // Money (Australia Edition);Oct2002, p70
Features the Equity Trustees Small Companies Fund. Goal of the Fund; Asset allocation; Fund performance.
- How to get back into the market. Kane, Leslie // Medical Economics;10/10/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 19, p41
Gives advice on how to choose the right mutual fund to invest in. Advantages of choosing mutual funds that invest in dividend payers; Benefits of investing in different asset categories; Importance of buying a fund of funds for diversification; Asset allocation fund. INSET: Is your mutual fund...
- "Picking a mutual fund is too hard". Gifford, Marshall W. // Medical Economics;10/10/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 19, p92
Discusses factors considered in choosing a mutual fund. Overall asset allocation; Long-term performance of the fund; Performance of the managers of the fund; Annual operating expense of the fund; Tax efficiency and turnover; Beta, the measurement of the fund's relative volatility.
- Geographical Diversification Takes Off, As Investors Seek to Limit Their Risks. // Bank Investment Consultant;Dec2000, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p76
Reports that geographical diversification helps investors limit their risks. Flow of funds into international mutual funds; Rates of return; Percentage of the portfolio which should be diversified by either sector or geography; Factors contributing to interest in overseas investing.
- Texas School Fund Eyes Alternatives. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;5/22/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the plan of the Texas Permanent School Fund's board to invest in alternative assets. Asset mix of the Texas Permanent School Fund including domestic equity, international equity and fixed-income; Remarks of spokeswoman Debbie Ratcliffe on the plan's move to alternative investing.
- New York Common Shifts Non-U.S. Focus. Rasmussen, Eric // Investment Management Weekly;03/08/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p4
Discusses the reallocation of New York State Common Retirement Fund's international equities to core EAFE managers. Managers for the fund; Incumbent EAFE managers from which the assets from the liquidated portfolios went.