Faster and Faster
- Dealing with market volatility. // Finance Week;08/18/2000, p31
Offers tips on how to manage stock market volatility in South Africa. Definition of volatility; Drawbacks of using the standard deviation in assessing for investment risks; Management of investments amidst high market volatility; Difference between an investor and a speculator.
- 'Conservative' strategies can lead investor sastray. Skarbeck, Ken // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/7/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p14A
The article presents the author's views on the conservative approach used by investors while investing including the exposure to unforeseen risks, benefits of unconventional portfolios and investment in stock market index fund.
- Watch out for investment clichÃ©s. De Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;4/5/2002, p26
Focuses on the management of the stock portfolio in South Africa. Recommendations to guard against for local investors; Examples of growth models for long-term buy-and-hold portfolios; Tips in making money in Internet trading. INSET: How to make money in Internet trading..
- LONG-RUN BENEFITS FROM EQUITY DIVERSIFICATION: TAIWAN STOCK MARKETS. Tsangyao Chang // International Journal of Finance;2002, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p2419
This paper provides evidence that there exist long-run benefits for investors from diversifying in the Taiwan share markets, namely those of Taiwan Stock Exchange and Taiwan over-the-counter (OTC) over the period of November 1, 1995 to March 25, 1999, The evidence is based on tests for painvise...
- Is China's fund management industry entering a new era? Boon Hiong Chan // Asian Investor;Sep2012, p54
The article offers information regarding China's fund management industry and the revised Securities Investment Fund Law. It mentions that volatility of the equity markets, combined with the limited availability of diversified asset classes, have imposed limitations to fund's performance. It...
- Go offshore, seriously. // Finweek;3/22/2007, p68
The article discusses the significance of a strong offshore component in a diversified investment portfolio in South Africa. According to Peter Lucas of Ashburton, such move will not allow investors to be lulled into a false sense of security provided by the positive economic and political...
- A STUDY ON INVESTORS' ATTITUDE TOWARDS STOCK MARKET INVESTMENT. AZHAGAIAH, R.; BANUMATHY, K. // International Journal of Research in Computer Application & Mana;Mar2013, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p70
Investor's attitude will provide a way to accurately measure how do the investors think about the investment portfolio. The purpose of the study is to analyze the investors' attitude towards investment in stock market and also to analyze the factors responsible to prefer investment in stock...
- Emerging acquisitions. Freeman, Peter // Bulletin with Newsweek;9/11/2007, Vol. 125 Issue 6586, p44
The article reports on investment in overseas sharemarkets by Australians. The strong rise in the Australian sharemarket in the last few years, have forces investors to look offshore. According to Ron Hodges, head of online discounter InvestSmart, if one can handle the risk involved, the returns...
- Trying to time the market is enemy of the investor. Whitehurst, Rick // Fort Worth Business Press;12/12/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p28
Focuses on the market timing strategy used by investors. Problem with market timing; Difficulty in re-entering the stock market; Benefits of dollar cost averaging.