So Much for Efficient Markets
- Less Can Be More When It Comes to a Portfolio. Liptow, Jennifer A. // Financial Planning;Jan2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p22
Presents information on a study which compares the success of stock trades by households with fewer stocks in their portfolios versus the trades of households with more diversified account. Authors of the study; Major finding of the research; Differences of the rates of returns for concentrated...
- Sorting Apples From oranges: What Kind of Investor is Your Client? Valentine, John // Bank Investment Consultant;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p11
Presents advice on investment management. Interaction with a frugal investor; Endeavor in good and bad economics; Need for expertise in portfolio management.
- Tighter Euro fund rules will harm investor returns. Eschenbacher, Stefanie // Money Marketing;10/21/2010, p26
The article discusses the harm of the high cost of European fund on investors, following the move that tightened the regulation on fund management as reported by the European Fund and Asset Management Association.
- Value judgement. Russ, Olly // Money Marketing;4/7/2011, p49
The article focuses on the value of European holdings owned by overseas investors.
- September issue. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;9/1/2011, p18
In this article, the author discusses the difficulties facing investors during the month of September because they return from their summer breaks revitalized and prepared to take a fresh view of their portfolio.
- Taking the gas off QE. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);7/4/2013, p58
The article focuses on the positions of three U.S. fund investors.
- AN ALL-STAR FUND OF FUNDS PORTFOLIO. // Modern Trader;Feb2016, p13
The article states that combining 13F manager strategies with a fund of funds approach helps investors in the U.S. to avoid the risks of investing with a single manager. It suggests that one may decide to own the top five or 10 stocks owned by each manager thus creating a diversified portfolio...
- The complete Mutual Fund guide. Krishnamurthy, Narayan // Money Today;8/21/2008, p5
The article offers a guide to help investors review and revise their fund portfolio in India. Information on the top 10 best funds is presented. Factors to consider prior to mutual fund investment are resiliency to the changing market trends and emergence of new fund houses and new schemes. Also...
- CURRENCY: THE KEY TO PERFORMANCE. Tessier, Maxime // Canadian Investment Review;Summer2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, pR10
Focuses on the implications of active currency management for Canadian investors. Impact of currencies on a global portfolio; Myths about active currency management; Benefits from active currency management.