Drive-by financial planning
- EXPERT SYSTEMS FOR PERSONAL FINANCIAL PLANNING. Brown, Carol E.; Nielson, Norma I.; Phillips, Mary Ellen // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul1990, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p137
Computer capability is expanding to provide users access to the judgments of the bell experts in a given field, including personal financial planning, through computer programs called expert systems. Personal financial planning expert systems can be classified as either integrated systems, which...
- Adapting Expert System Technology to Financial Management. Holsapple, Clyde W.; Kar Yan Tam; Whinston, Andrew B. // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Autumn88, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p12
This article examines the potential impact of expert systems on financial management. An expert system is a software system that imitates the reasoning results of human experts in a well defined domain. The successful use of this technology lies in a thorough understanding of what it is and the...
- Expert Systems in Accountancy: A Review of Some Recent Applications. Connell, N. A. D. // Accounting & Business Research (Wolters Kluwer UK);Summer87, Vol. 17 Issue 67, p221
This paper assesses the current and likely impact of expert systems on the accounting community. The paper begins by briefly reviewing about twenty financially-oriented systems, including those which model expertise in the sub-domains of auditing, taxation advice, financial planning and business...
- Financial analysis and expert systems. Birts, A.; McAulay, L.; King, M. // Journal of Information Technology (Routledge, Ltd.);Sep93, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p184
Identifies the reason behind the non-use of expert systems in financal analysis. Lack of need for expert systems; Need to re-orient expert systems development; Areas of financial analysis for which expert analysts would welcome expert system support.
- Knowledge-based systems and copyright. Lyons, Patrice A. // Serials Review;Spring/Summer92, Vol. 18 Issue 1/2, p88
Examines copyright in knowledge-based systems. Description of the Distributed Information Model and the Large-Scale Numerical Partial Differential Equation Model; Application of existing public performance right; Proposed right to access; Description of knowledge-based systems; Knowledge...
- The Expert Systems and Their Role in Developing External Auditor's Performance and Improving Audit Service's Quality in Information Technology Environment in Audit's Offices Located in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. Okab, Reem // International Journal of Business & Management;Sep2013, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p129
No abstract available.
- Expert systems undergo renaissance. West, Diane // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/29/96, Vol. 100 Issue 31, p2
Looks at the benefits of electronic underwriting or expert systems. Lincoln National Risk Management's (LNRM) Life Underwriting System (LUS); Comments from LNRM vice president and director of sales and marketing Dan Pieper; Entry of answers to pre-loaded questions in successive data fields.
- Expert systems come of age for insurers. Trencher, Mark L. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/24/98, Vol. 102 Issue 34, p7
Focuses on the state of expert system applications for insurance business. Insurance companies' use of expert systems to improve the quality of human processes; Benefits offered by expert systems.
- Expert systems in demand despite stormy past. May, Kenneth M. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;8/8/94, Vol. 98 Issue 32, p26
Reports on the demand for expert systems in the insurance industry. Past failures of the technology; Limitations of earlier systems; System improvement due to high-technology system tools; Equipment used by insurance companies.