Governor Vetoes Conn. Legislature's Budget
- Conn. Gov. Holds Court on Budget. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31660, p2
John Rowland, Governor of Connecticut, brought the budget home with him on June 18, 2003 as he invited legislative leaders to a meeting at the governor's mansion in Hartford. The legislature's Republican and Democratic leaders, as well as the heads of the appropriations and finance committees,...
- Rowland Signs Budget. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31880, p35
Reports that Connecticut Governor John Rowland signed a fiscal 2005 budget adopted a week earlier by a veto-proof margin in the Senate and the House. Spending plan; General Assembly's funding of additional spending as a result of the appearance of a surplus, which is being driven by an upturn in...
- Rowland probe session wildcard. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/26/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p1
The investigation on the part of Connecticut state legislature on the question of beginning an impeachment against Governor John Rowland has raised the fear that important business issues will once again be put on the backburner this year. The issue had remained unresolved last year because of...
- Rowland's budget proposals (revisited). Duby, Christopher Y. // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/10/95, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p4
Opinion. Criticizes Connecticut Governor John Rowland's budget proposals. Offer of only a corporate income tax cut and a few vague promises about reducing crime; Shelving of campaign pledge to cut personal income taxes.
- Connecticut's Rowland Calls for Bettering Education, Urban Centers. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p4
Reports on the plan of Connecticut Governor John Rowland to use the state's budget surplus to support schools and urban renewal. Recession and self-defeating attitude in Connecticut; Praise given to the bipartisanship.
- After Long, Pitched Battle, Connecticut Settles on Budget. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;7/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31173, p4
Reports on the two-year budget signed by Connecticut Governor John Rowland. Estimated budget surplus by the end of fiscal 2001; Programs that the budget will create.
- Teacher tax. // Teacher Magazine;May/Jun95, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p10
Criticizes Connecticut Governor John Rowland concerning his proposed budget that would charge educators an annual fee for the opportunity to work in public schools. Range of fees; Funds to be raised from the initiative.
- The small hours and the Big Daddy. Duby, Christopher Y. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/6/95, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p4
Focuses on the fiscal policy of Connecticut Governor John Rowland. Factions in the General Assembly caused by the proposed state budget.
- Conn. Gov. Rowland Vetoes Budget, Again. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p2
Connecticut governor John Rowland issued his second veto of the budget on June 5, 2003, forcing lawmakers into special session to craft next year's budget before the close of the fiscal year. In addition, Rowland promoted his own $13.5 billion budget proposal, which was introduced in...