- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/23/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32016, p2
Presents news briefs related to bond market in the United States as of November 23, 2004. Projected gross domestic product expansion for 2004; Tender rates for the Treasury Department's discount bills; Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s issuer rating for North Dakota.
- Nassau County, N.Y., Gets Upgrade, Plans Return to Market. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p4
With Nassau County, New York, beginning to plot a return to the bond market, Fitch Ratings Inc. upgraded its credit to BBB-plus from BBB. The upgrade keeps Fitch's rating one step higher than those of Moody's Investors Service Inc., which upgraded the credit to Baa2 from Baa3 on February 25,...
- Bond Covenant at Record Low in November. // Leveraged Finance News;12/17/2012, Vol. 2 Issue 48, p5
The article discusses a report made by Moody's Investors Service Inc. which shows that the Covenant protections offered on high yield bonds issued had deteriorated to the weakest level in November 2012. In the report, the Covenant Quality (CQ) scale shows that the average score in November was...
- Market Mixed on Moody's. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32594, p1
The article reports that municipal bond market participants have been mulling over the changes concerning credit ratings and borrowing costs. Moody's Investors Service's published a sweeping study of municipal defaults at the beginning of March 2007, and found out that there have been only 41...
- IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;6/25/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33736, p2
The article presents news briefs from the U.S. bond market including comments from Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond president Jeffrey Lacker on monetary easing, Moody's Investors Service Inc. giving an Aa3 rating to the township of Lawrence, New Jersey, and Moody's downgraded the rating on the...
- Northshore Revision. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/20/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32427, p35
The article reports on the revision of Moody's Investors Service Inc. with its outlook on $13 million of debt sold by the East St. Tammany Parish Events Center District in Louisiana.
- Downgraded Mass. School Authority Set to Sell $500M. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;6/11/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33926, p3
The article reports that Massachusetts School Building Authority is planning to come to the U.S. bond market, after getting lower grades by the rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc., to sell its senior dedicated sales-tax bonds of 500 million U.S. dollars through negotiation in June 2013.
- Assured Guaranty Shrugs Off Moody's Downgrade. CHIN, TONYA // Bond Buyer;2/5/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33856, p1
The article offers information on the impact of lower grades assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to Assured Guaranty Municipal Corp. (AGM) and Assured Guaranty Corp. (AGC). It mentions that the downgrades did not affect the valuation of the bond insurance product of AGM in the U.S. bond...
- Midwest bond-watch. Shields, Yvette; Ward, Andrew; Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;01/13/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30557, p29
Reports on developments concerning the bond market in the United States as of January 13, 1999. Includes Moody's Investors Service's downgrading of Saint Elizabeth Medical Center's long-term outstanding debt to Ba3 with a negative outlook from Baa3; First Chicago Capital Markets Inc.'s hiring...