West Virginia High Court Throws Roadblock In Front of Lottery Bond Plans
- Attorneys Laud Judge's Discovery Order in Heritage Case. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31494, p40
Reports the lawsuit filed by a bondholder concerning the Heritage Healthcare bond default in Chicago, Illinois. Details of the case; Enhancement of investor protection; Denial of motions for summary judgments.
- Georgia Judge Dismisses Lawsuit Against County's Planned COP Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p4
Reports on the dismissal of a lawsuit filed by taxpayer Jean Bauerbrand against Jackson County's proposed sale of certificates of participation in Altanta, Georgia. Details of the case; Absence of conflict of interest; Assessment of the summary judgment.
- A world of difference. Niekirk, Paul; Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Dec1990, Vol. 106 Issue 1168, p44
The article explores the case Universal Stock Exchange Ltd v Strachan which dealt with gaming contracts. Many years ago, a scheme was operated whereby securities were sold without changing hands, the only transaction which took place being the payment of the eventual difference in the price of...
- Lafayette, La., Utility's Planned $125M Deal Would Be Illegal, Judge Rules. Desue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32444, p4
The article reports on the circuit court decisions for the case filed by Elizabeth Naquin, a taxpayer, regarding the legality of selling $125 million bonds by Lafayette Utilities System in Louisiana. The Third Circuit Court of Appeals judge had ruled in favor of Naquin by citing that the bond...
- YOU BE THE JUDGE. Jones, Bruce M. // Saturday Evening Post;2/18/1950, Vol. 222 Issue 34, p52
Presents the case of a salesman who was accused by a man for stealing his negotiable bonds. Arrest of the salesman without a warrant; Lawsuit filed by the salesman against the man after he was proven innocent; Court ruling on the case.
- What the Court of Appeal decided. De Melo, Jerry // Asset Securitization Report;6/7/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p26
Reports on the explanation of the Great Britain Court of Appeal of its decision to overturn the High Court on the terms of the Spectrum debenture. Insufficiency of the creation of a fixed charge on basis of the book debts; Criticism of the obligation of the chargor company to pay the proceeds of...
- Washington Appeals Court Favors Prudential in Holmes Harbor Case. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/10/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32604, p5
The article reports on the decision of Washington State Court of Appeals concerning the case of Prudential and Holmes Harbor. The Court of Appeals has affirmed that Prudential Securities Inc. did not violate state securities laws by selling most of the $20 million of bonds that were legally...
- Holmes Harbor Developer Pleads Guilty to Criminal Charges. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p5
Reports on the entry of a guilty plea by real estate developer Terry Martin on charges of bond fraud related to the Holmes Harbor Sewer District in Seattle, Washington. Admission of Martin of his involvement in conspiracy,securities fraud, wire fraud, and money laundering; Other defendants...
- Plant patent case determined. // American Nurseryman;10/15/2002, Vol. 196 Issue 8, p12
Reports the court ruling on the lawsuit filed by plant-patent holder Keith Kirsten against Weltevrede Nursery Ltd. in South Africa. Allegation on the illegal shipment of Canna Tropicanna; Absence of paying the PBR licensing fees; Payment of the legal remedy by the company to Kirsten.