Survey Shows Issuer Disclosure Problems, Draws Fire
- DPC Data Urges SEC to Delay Switch To EMMA; Sees 'Disaster' Ahead. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;6/10/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33129, p22
The article reports on the request of DPC Data Inc. to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to delay switch to EMMA of Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB). DPC urged the commission to hold for six months the planned switch from four nationally repositories for issuers' secondary...
- DPC Data Inc. gets the go-ahead to join the NRMSIR ranks. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;07/16/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30188, p6
Reports on the US Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) approval of the application of Fort Lee, New Jersey-based DPC Data Inc. to become a nationally recognized municipal securities information repository (NRMSIR) effective August 5, 1997. Requirements for municipal bond issuers as part of...
- SEC 'Fix' Needed if CPO Shuts Down, Says Florida's Watkins. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/29/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32556, p4
The article reports on the responsibility of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) towards the closure of the Central Post Office (CPO), according to Ben Watkins, bond finance director, in Florida. Watkins stressed that CPO's disclosure due to patent infringement litigation has put...
- MSRB Asks SEC for June 1 Start Date for Two Components of Central Repository. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/20/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33118, p19
The article reports on the move of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to ask the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to approve the June 1, 2009 date for the components of central repository. It includes the access-equals-delivery, which enables dealers to electronically...
- SEC Officials Open to Changing 15c2-12 Disclosure Amendments. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31263, p1
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) officials to rethink some aspects of Rule 15c2-12's secondary market disclosure requirements, in view of the technological advancements that have occurred since the issuance of the rule. Uncertainties regarding the...
- Disclosure: New SEC Corporate Rule Seen as Important to Muni Market. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p5
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to propose secondary market disclosure rules for corporate issuers. Improvements in secondary market disclosures; Requirements to be met by private and public companies.
- Haines' Best Idea for Muni Disclosure: Fix NRMSIRs, Start Central E-Mail Site. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31379, p5
Reports the solution of the Securities and Exchange Commission for the improvement of secondary market disclosure in the U.S. Creation of centralized address for electronic mails; Announcement of the strategy by chief Martha Mahan Haines; Request of the SEC for issuers to disclose bond-related...
- JeffCo, Alabama Financial Adviser Address Disclosure at SEC Hearing. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;8/2/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33558, p3
The article offers information on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) field hearing in Birmingham, Alabama which focused on municipalities suffering from budgetary distress and troubled financings in the primary and secondary markets.
- SEC Reports on Municipal Securities Market. // New Jersey CPA;Nov/Dec2012, Issue 36, p6
The article presents information on a report issued by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to help improve the structure of it's municipal securities market and enhance investor disclosures.