S&P Changes N.Y. Outlook to Negative, Citing Deficits
- Who's Who in Credit Rating Agencies. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/17/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 47, pN.PAG
Presents information pertaining to credit rating agencies in the U.S. Rating of the financial strength of insurance companies; Methodologies formulated by Standard & Poor's to address dynamic changes in the industry and to adapt local market conditions throughout the world.
- S&P Drops Ohio's Forum Health to BBB-Minus. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32299, p5
The article reports on the BBB-minus rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to 121 million dollars of outstanding debt issued in Mahoning County, Ohio. The reason for the downgrade is due to losses over the past few years which have lowered the system's debt service coverage levels. The...
- S&P Reinstates Rating for Richmond, Calif. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/17/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32361, p4
The article reports that Standard & Poor's (S & P) has reinstated its credit ratings on outstanding Richmond, California debt, raising it to investment grade and assigning the city a triple-B plus rating due to incomplete financial information. There were three outstanding bond issues that S & P...
- Fitch Drops Michigan GOs to AA. Carvlin, Ehzabeth // Bond Buyer;12/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32030, p1
No abstract available.
- S&P Puts Pittsburgh on Negative Watch, Citing Budget Woes. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;8/27/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31707, p5
Reports that with Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania nearly three quarters of the way through the fiscal year 2003 and still grappling with a structural budget deficit, Standard & Poor's Corp. placed the city's underlying A-minus general obligation rating on CreditWatch negative on August 26, 2003. ...
- Public Debt: On Red Alert. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Nov2008, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the credit rating of Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico's total outstanding debt have reached $52.95 billion during the first half of 2008 which is an increase of 11.6% in 10 months, while the public debt-to-GDP ratio is projected to reach 86.8%. Moody's and Standard & Poor's...
- GM, Ford downgrades come sooner than expected; ABS secondary quiet. // Asset Securitization Report;5/9/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the downgrade of the corporate debt ratings of General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. by Standard & Poor's Corp. Consideration of the poor financial performance of the company; Decline of the stock prices; Factors affecting the deterioration of the financial condition of the firm.
- Standard & Poor's Raises Outlook on Oregon Debt to Positive From Stable. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/13/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32607, p37
The article reports on the ratings of Oregon state debt from various rating agencies. The outlook of Standard & Poor's Corp. was revised to positive from stable, reflecting the actions of the government to create a rainy-day reserve for the general fund. Oregon's general obligations received an...
- S&P Launches Ratings IQuery To Enable Advanced Searches. O'Connor, Katie // Bank Loan Report;6/20/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p10
Features the Web-based credit ratings product called Ratings IQuery from Standard & Poor's Corp. in the U.S. Function of the product which provides a more sophisticated tool to analyze the company's data and research; Use of Ratings IQuery for custom research; Advantages of the tool.