Muni Yields Fall 2 to 4 Basis Points; Treasuries Gain on Economic Data
- Munis Finish Firm; Maryland GOs, N.Y. Tobacco Corp. Bonds Priced. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/1/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31440, p2
Focuses on the performance of the bond market in the U.S. Increase of government bonds; Estimation of municipal bond prices; Decrease of the assets of 526 tax-free money market funds.
- Municipal Bonds, Treasuries Drop; New-Issue Supply Weighs on Market. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of October 2002. Decline of municipal bonds; Amount of unsold general obligation bonds; Increase in the number of tax-free money market funds.
- Munis Unchanged After On-Par Data. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/3/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32600, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market in the U.S. for 2007. On April 2, 2007, the municipal market was unchanged at the end of the session as data came in generally on par with expectations. According to one trader in New York, the indicator did not come in strong enough...
- Municipal Bond Prices Tracking Narrow Ranges Ahead of Deals. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;02/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31076, p2
Focuses on highlights of municipal bond market trading on February 12, 2001, in the United States. Erosion of government bond prices; Rise in money-market fund holdings; Improvement of long-term municipal bond-fund flows.
- Munis Unchanged as FOMC Meeting Looms. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;9/18/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32715, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market yield for September 2007 in the U.S. In September 17, the market was most unchanged in light trading, as market participants await the Federal Open Market Committee. According to New York trader, there were no big sellers that he...
- Munis Slightly Weaker After Previous Rally. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/1/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32577, p2
The article offers updates concerning municipal bond market in the U.S. for 2007. The municipal bond market is slightly weaker in February 27, 2007 after a sizeable rally. According to one trader, tax-exempt yields were lower by one or two basis points. Also, one trader from New York asserts...
- Municipals Edge Higher After Weak ISM Report Pushes Treasuries Up. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p2
No abstract available.
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Mixed Amid Uncertainty Surrounding FOMC Meeting. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/12/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32380, p40
The article reports that The Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes were mixed as uncertainty in the bond market abounded surrounding on the Federal Open Market Committee meeting. During the meeting, the committee raised the federal funds rate 25 basis points to 5 percent from 4.75 percent. The...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;1/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32543, p30
Several charts are presented depicting bond market statistics including bond index, bond prices, and municipal bond finance.