Long-term mortality and cardiovascular morbidity increased in some patients with asymptotic mitral valve prolapse
- Heartbeat: Highlights from this issue. Otto, Catherine M. // Heart;Apr2015, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p577
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses topics related to heart including association of frailty with risk factors of cardiovascular disease, role of lifestyle in cardiovascular diseases and association between mitral valve prolapse and open angle glaucoma.
- COMMENTARY. Brott, Brigitta C. // Evidence Based Medicine;May2003, p91
The author discusses aspects of prognosis wherein she thinks that the study is limited to patients diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse (MVP) in clinical practice rather than the true prevalence of the disease in the human population.
- Long term mortality and cardiovascular morbidity increased in some patients with asymptomatic mitral valve prolapse. Avierinos, J.-F.; Gersh, B. J.; Melton, L. J.; Enriquez-Sarano, M. // Evidence Based Medicine;May2003, p91
The article presents the study "Natural History of Asymptomatic Mitral Valve Prolapse in the Community" by J. F. Avierinos and colleagues. It examines the prognosis of the disease in patients with asymptomatic mitral valve prolapse (MVP). It indicates that clinical and echocardiographic...
- GOVERNMENT. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/7/2012, p6
The article reports on the privatization of the residential solid waste collection in Fresno, California after the city council has voted 4-3 to approve the resolution.
- The mystery illness. Graves, Ginny // Glamour;Oct94, Vol. 92 Issue 10, p58
Discusses symptoms and treatment for mitral valve prolapse syndrome (MVPS). Cases; Previous diagnosis of the illness as condition wherein heart valve balloons; Belief of some physicians that the name of the disease is a misnomer; Treatment; Preventive measures.
- Bradycardia with Mitral Valve Prolapse. Leichtman, David; Nelson, Richard; Gobel, Fredarick L.; Alexander, Carl S.; Cohn, Jay N. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct76, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p453
Provides information on a study that investigated several members of a family with bradycardia and a high prevalence of mitral valve prolapse. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.
- Complications of mitral valve prolapse. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Jul96, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p80
Reports on the complications of mitral valve prolapse. Mitral regurgitation; Infective endocarditis; Cerebrovascular accidents; Sudden death.
- Mitral valve prolapse: harbinger of death or variant of normal? Oakley, Celia M. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/23/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6434, p1853
Examines the pathogenesis of mitral valve prolapse in South Africa. Impact on the development of echocardiography; Symptoms of the disease; List of complications of mitral valve prolapse.
- No definitive MVP symptoms. P.F.C. // Cortlandt Forum;6/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p76
Presents an answer to the query regarding specific symptoms of mitral valve prolapse. Absence of an unsatisfactory theories regarding the condition.
- A self-audible precordial whoop. Cheng, Tsung O. // Cortlandt Forum;10/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p176
Details a case where a 35-year-old woman was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse (MVP). Presenting symptoms; Results of physical examination and auscultation; MVP as the result of a valvular-ventricular disproportion; Conditions associated with an excess amount of valve tissue.