Review: Terazosin improves urologic symtoms in benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Benign Prostatic Hypertension. // Current Medical Literature: Urology;2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p60
The article discusses a study which investigates the effect of dutasteride, tamsulosin and the combination on patient-reported quality of life and treatment satisfaction in men with moderate-to-severe benign prostatic hyperplasia. An international test on the effects of the dual 5-a reductase...
- Homeopathic Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy and Prostatitis: Prescribing on the Sensation of the Chief Complaint. Ullman, Robert; Reichenberg-Ullman, Judyth // Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients;Dec2004, Issue 257, p43
Presents a case of a 35-year-old male patient with benign prostatic hypertrophy and prostatitis in Portland, Oregon. History of the prostate condition; Symptoms of the disease; Details on the complaint of the patient for severe pain at the base of the penis and during ejaculation.
- Probing the Prostate--Safe and Effective Treatments for BPH. Steels, Elizabeth // Total Health;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p34
The article offers information on safe and effective treatments for benign prostate hypertrophy (BPH). It discusses the symptoms and risk factor of the disease. Treatment for BPH depends on the severity of symptoms. Medications are the most common way to control mild to moderate symptoms of BPH....
- Prostate Enlargement: Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. // Prostate Enlargement: Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (NKUDIC);6/1/2006, p1
The article discusses prostate enlargement or benign prostatic hyperplasia. It is common for the prostate gland to become enlarged as a man ages. Doctors call this condition benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), or benign prostatic hypertrophy. BPH rarely causes symptoms before age 40, but more...
- Effect of Once-Daily Alfuzosin on Urinary Symptoms and Flow Rate in Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: A 24-Hour Home-Uroflowmetry Evaluation. De Nunzio, Cosimo; Franco, Giorgio; Leonardo, Costantino; Trucchi, Alberto; Tubaro, Andrea; Laurenti, Cesare // Clinical Drug Investigation;2005, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p359
Objective: To analyse the clinical and 24-hour urinary flow efficacy of alfuzosin 10mg once daily (OD), by means of the International Prostate Symptom Score (I-PSS) and home-based uroflowmetry (P-Flow) measurement, in patients with lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) related to benign prostatic...
- Enlarged prostate. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Aug2004, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p1
Examines the condition of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Function of the prostate gland; Signs and symptoms of BPH; Diagnostic tests.
- Efficacy of a vaporization-resection of the prostate median lobe enlargement and vaporization of the prostate lateral lobe for benign prostatic hyperplasia using a 120-W GreenLight high-performance system laser: the effect on storage symptoms. Kim, Kang; Choi, Sae; Bae, Woong; Kim, Su; Cho, Hyuk; Hong, Sung-Hoo; Lee, Ji; Hwang, Tae-Kon; Kim, Sae // Lasers in Medical Science;May2015, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p1387
GreenLight laser photoselective vaporization of the prostate (PVP) was established as a minimally invasive procedure to treat patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). However, it may be difficult to achieve adequate tissue removal from a large prostate, particularly those with an...
- Questions about benign prostatic hyperplasia. // American Family Physician;6/1/94, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p1893
Answers questions about benign prostatic hyperplasia. Overview of the disease; Symptoms; Diagnosis; Treatment; Drugs for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- BPH: New guidelines based on symptoms and patient preference. Roberts, Richard G. // Geriatrics;Jul94, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p24
Provides information on benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Etiology; Nature of BPH; Four key steps diagnosis; Treatment options including management recommendations based on the guidelines from Agency for Health Care Policy and Research (AHCPR).