Losartan did not differ from captopril for reducing all-cause mortality after acute myocardial infarction
- Recent trends in mortality from and incidence of myocardial infarction in Stockholm. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/7/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6572, p609
Presents the mortality trends of the myocardial infarction cases in Stockholm, Sweden. Statistics of the declined mortality; Estimate of persons in risk; Assessment of the diagnostic practice and accuracy of the medical information systems.
- Sudden Death in Patients with Myocardial Infarction and Left Ventricular Dysfunction, Heart Failure, or Both. Solomon, Scott D.; Zelenkofske, Steve; McMurray, John J.V.; Finn, Peter V.; Velazquez, Eric; Ertl, George; Harsanyi, Adam; Rouleau, Jean L.; Maggioni, Aldo; Kober, Lars; White, Harvey; Van de Werf, Frans; Pieper, Karen; Califf, Robert M.; Pfeffer, Marc A. // New England Journal of Medicine;6/23/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 25, p2581
Background: The risk of sudden death from cardiac causes is increased among survivors of acute myocardial infarction with reduced left ventricular systolic function. We assessed the risk and time course of sudden death in high-risk patients after myocardial infarction. Methods: We studied 14,609...
- Cardiac troponin type II myocardial infarction and late mortality: a report from the 2012 SNAPSHOT OF ACS Care Across Australia and New Zealand. Etaher, A.; Chew, D.; Briffa, T.; Ellis, C.; Hammett, C.; Redfern, J.; Lefkovits, J.; Elliott, J.; Cullen, L.; Brieger, D.; French, J. // Heart, Lung & Circulation;2015 Supplement 3, Vol. 24, pS139
No abstract available.
- What does the patient know about quality? Luxford, Karen // International Journal for Quality in Health Care;Oct2012, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p439
No abstract available.
- The Impact or Right Ventricular Involvement on the Postdischarge Long-Term Mortality in Patients With Acute Inferior ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Foussas, Stefanos G.; Zairis, Michael N.; Tsiaousis, George Z.; Theodossis-Georgilas, Anastassios; Prekates, Athanasios A.; Kontos, Constantinos F.; Makrygiannis, Stamatis S.; Batika, Pelagia C.; Mytas, Demetrios Z.; Adamopoulou, Evdokia N.; Fakiolas, Constantine N.; Argyrakis, Spyros K. // Angiology;Feb2010, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p179
Objectives: To investigate the long-term impact of right ventricular myocardial involvement (RVI) after acute inferior ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI). Methods: A total of 1208 consecutive patients, who survived to discharge after hospitalization for acute inferior STEMI, were...
- Speed is vital for patients requiring primary percutaneous coronary intervention. Linden, Belinda // British Journal of Cardiac Nursing;Jul2009, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p326
The article summarizes the research study "Association of door to balloon time and mortality in patients admitted to hospital with ST elevation myocardial infarction," by S.S. Rathore, J.P. Curtis, J. Chen, et al. Researchers explored the relationship between door-to-balloon times and...
- Delays in Transfer For Primary PCI in STEMI. Boyle, Andrew J. // Clinical Cardiology Alert;Dec2011, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p89
The author discusses a study by M. Miedema and colleagues, which examined patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) transferred for percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) for causes of delay in transfer and the clinical outcomes associated with delays. The study showed that...
- A shot in the arm for shock to the heart. Kent, Heather // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/11/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 1, p99
Reports on a study published in a 1999 issue of `New England Journal of Medicine' on the impact of immediate angioplasty or bypass surgery on long-term chances of survival in heart attack patients with cardiogenic shock. Role of physicians at Vancouver, British Columbia's St. Paul's Hospital;...
- Incidence of post-operative troponin I rises and 1-year mortality after emergency orthopaedic surgery in older patients. Chong, Carol R.; Lam, Que T.; Ryan, Julie E.; Sinnappu, Rabindra N.; Wen Kwang Lim // Age & Ageing;Mar2009, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p168
Objectives: to determine the incidence of post-operative troponin I rises and its association with 1-year all-cause mortality and cardiac events after emergency orthopaedic-geriatric surgery, which has not been studied before. Methods: one hundred and two patients over the age of 60 were...