- Advocacy. // BioCycle;Aug2015, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p42
The article offers news briefs related to U.S composting industry as of August 2015 including views of U.S Composting Council's education director, deregistration of three herbicides such as picloram, clopyralid and aminopyralid and the Zero Waste Development and Expansion Act.
- USCC ISSUES POSITION ON PERSISTENT HERBICIDES. // BioCycle;May2013, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p14
The article reports that the U.S. Composting Council (USCC) released a position paper on compost and persistent herbicides that briefly discusses persistent herbicides that contaminate compost and also expands on the process of contamination.
- COMPOST WEEK CELEBRATION KICKS OFF WITH AMENDING URBAN SOIL. // BioCycle;May2013, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the celebration of the International Compost Awareness Week by the Compost Council of Canada, who hosted a special gardening event on May 6, 2013, in Toronto, Ontario.
- COMPOST-WHEELS. GEERING, DEBORAH // Atlanta;Jan2014, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p38
The article focuses on the potential of compost-wheel for a business, in which clients can claim their share after four months of service.
- Field trials in Britain compare compost to fertilizers. // BioCycle;Apr97, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p6
Reports on Henry Doubleday Research Association's field trails in Somerset and Coventry, England to assess the advantages of compost made from park and yard trimmings and compare it with manure and artificial fertilizers on farm crops. Evaluation of commercial values of compost; Composts as...
- USCC'S TWO CENTS FOR COMPOST. // BioCycle;Nov2014, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p13
The article reports that donors are being invited by the Composting Council Research and Education Foundation (CCREF) for its research funding program "Two Cents for Compost" along with views of CCREF chairman Ginny Black on the same.
- USCC MODEL COMPOST RULE TEMPLATE. // BioCycle;Apr2013, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p13
The article informs that the US Composting Council (USCC) has released a model of compost rule template which is developed by a Task Force comprising of consulting engineers, state regulatory officials and composting facility operators in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Survey On Compost Manufacturing Certification Gets Strong Response. // BioCycle;Aug2015, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p41
The article discusses the Composting Operations Manager Practice Validation Study conducted by US Composting Council (USCC) on compost manufacturing industry professionals' composter certification process and also mentions views of USCC's director of education Cary Oshins.
- Phase One And Done! On To Compost Manufacturer Certification Program Phase Two! // BioCycle;Nov2015, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p35
The article reports on a joint session of the U.S. Composting Council (USCC) and its Research and Education Foundation (CCREF) which voted in favor of the research and foundation work for a Certified Compost Operations Manager program.