The weight-watchers debate
- Software & scales in the new millennium. Southerland, Randy // Waste Age;Feb2000, Vol. 31 Issue 2, pSS60
Presents comments about the use of software and scales by waste haulers in the United States. Trends on the use of software in the industry; Importance of enterprise resource planning; Connection of scales to computers.
- Solid Waste. // American City & County;Summer2003 Supplement, Vol. 118, p8
Evaluates several products and equipment for solid waste management. Grinders by Recycling Technologies; Receptacles by Upbeat; Tarp systems by Pulltarps; Scales by Cardinal Scale Manufacturing; Compactor by Wastequip.
- Weighty Matters. // Waste Age;Aug2007, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p40
The article presents a discussion among manufacturers and suppliers on the continuing evolution of software and scales systems in the U.S. waste industry. According to Joe Grell or Rice Lake Weighing Systems, scales play a role in data collection, traffic flow, customer service, process...
- New Products & Technology. // Waste News;11/8/99, Vol. 5 Issue 26, p14
Introduces several products and technology that may be of interest to the waste industry. Includes municipal solid waste trailers from Altamont Technologies Manufacturing LLC; TL6000 Digital Tension Link Scale from Intercomp Co.
- TONS of Time. Fickes, Michael // Waste Age;Jan2005, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p34
Deals with the advantages of scale systems to the solid waste management industry in the U.S. Information on how the city of Scottsdale, Arizona took advantage of in-ground scales; Discussion on how Office Paper Systems Inc. produced an impressive return on investment by using wheel loader...
- Translating Force into Data: TRUCK SCALE AUTOMATION SYSTEMS AND SOFTWARE. Duffy, Daniel P. // MSW Management;May/Jun2006, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p88
The article offers information about automated truck scale systems and looks at its significance on waste management in the U.S. Two basic types of truck scales are identified as in-ground and onboard. In-ground scales are separate structures that are installed either below grades, to provide a...
- Morbark, Inc. // Resource Recycling;Jul2008, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p78
The article provides information about recycling. It centers on the topic of the weight and measurement of materials handled. It is stated that recycling is about materials and its contribution lies in the proper measurement of the materials' amount. It is emphasized that the use of truck scales...
- Selecting and using early childhood rating scales. McCloskey, George // Topics in Early Childhood Special Education;Fall90, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p39
Focuses on how to help rating scale users organize their thinking about why and how rating scales are to be used and to provide them with information that will be useful in evaluating the adequacy of available rating scales. Establishing a rationale for scale use; Evaluating the adequacy of...
- Weighing and measuring: Scope for extra sales? Oliphant, Jane // Housewares;Nov94, Issue 113, p8
Reports on the market performance of kitchen weighing scales in Great Britain for 1994. Experience of retailers; Need for innovation; Importance of packaging; Products descriptions.