Habitat protection plan leads to future liability battle
- A plan to die for. Bergman, B.J. // Sierra;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p32
Focuses on the `no surprises' clause of habitat conservation plans offered by President Bill Clinton's administration to landowners in an effort to defocus opposition to the Endangered Species Act. Terms of the habitat conservation plans; Implications for fish and wildlife teetering on the...
- Environmental groups get Supreme Court boost on endangered species. Reichhardt, Tony // Nature;7/6/1995, Vol. 376 Issue 6535, p3
Reports on developments concerning protection of endangered species in the United States as of July 6, 1995. Supreme Court ruling on wildlife habitat destruction; Scientific endorsement from the National Academy of Sciences of the Endangered Species Act; Slashing of the budget of two federal...
- Whose land is it anyway? Goldstein, Jon H. // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;1996 2nd Quarter, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p4
Discusses property rights in relation to the Endangered Species Act. Evolution of property rights; How the acts constitutes an amendment to property rights; Cost and inequities in the act. INSET: Overview of the Endangered Species Act..
- At grass roots, property rights activists making voices heard. Christie, Jim // Human Events;7/7/95, Vol. 51 Issue 26, p13
Discusses the need to consider property rights issues in the reform of the Endangered Species Act. Petitions by property rights groups for greater say over environmental regulations; Economic impact of proposed land-use regulations.
- A property rights update. // American Nurseryman;10/15/95, Vol. 182 Issue 8, p12
Reports on activities of the property rights movements. Contention that government use of private property should require the government to compensate the private property owners for lost land or declining property values; Supreme Court's upholding of the Endangered Species Act.
- Is the Endangered Species Act endangered? // American Nurseryman;10/15/94, Vol. 180 Issue 8, p10
Presents an overview of the debate over the Endangered Species Act, 1973. Congressional reauthorization of the Endangered Species Act; Incompatibility of private-property rights and accommodation of endangered species; Effect of the Endangered Species Act on economic growth; Continuous decline...
- Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; Incidental Take Permit Application; Draft Environmental Assessment and Draft San Luis Valley Regional Habitat Conservation Plan, Colorado. Dawkins, Laura // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;7/25/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 143, p43609
The article presents a notice from the U.S. Department of the Interior 's Fish and Wildlife Service on the availability of the draft habitat conservation plan (HCP) and draft environmental assessment for review and comment by the public and Federal, Tribal, State, and local governments. It notes...
- The road to recovery: a new way of thinking about the Endangered Species Act Cheever, Federico // Ecology Law Quarterly;1996, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- Endangered species bill. Barlas, S. // Underground Construction;Nov97, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p6
Describes the changes proposed in the endangered species reform bill in the United States. Emergency repairs that may be done by gas pipelines in endangered species areas.