New Jersey composting plant starts cookin'
- Nursery may relocate controversial composting business. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;6/03/96, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p30
Reports on a plan to remove a compost plant in Westchester County, New York owned by A. Alfredo Nurseries Inc. which has been generating foul odor in the area. Construction of an assisted living center for senior citizens; Comments from company officials; Complaints filed against the compost...
- The real poop. Defendis, Megan // Waste News;07/20/98, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p7
Presents information on the opening of a compost plant in Los Angeles, California. Details on the plant; When the plant was inaugurated; Comments from Doug Walters, City Department of Public Works project engineer; Who provides the compost for the plant.
- Ga. compost plant opens. Halal, Ann Marie // Waste News;7/1/96, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the scheduled opening of a compost plant in Cobb County, Georgia.
- N.Y. county plans MRF. // Waste News;8/12/96, Vol. 2 Issue 13, p21
Reports that the Rockland County, New York Solid Waste Management Authority plans to construct a co-composting facility and a material recovery facility. Agreement with Waste Management of New York.
- Compost facility moves ahead. // BioCycle;Apr95, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p22
Reports on the construction of a compost facility to process yard trimmings and biosolids in Alameda County, California. Negotiations for the opening of the facility.
- Private composting facility begins operations. // BioCycle;May95, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p27
Reports on the operation of a type III composting facility in Vidalia, Louisiana.
- Improving results at in-vessel composting system. Conrad, Paul // BioCycle;May95, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p42
Features the in-vessel composting facility in Portland, Oregon. Role of the facility in the city's biosolids management program; Description of the composting facility; Quality of the compost produced in the facility. INSET: Comprehensive biosolids management..
- Mobile biosolids composter aids full-scale operation. // BioCycle;May95, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p57
Discusses changes in composting technology for biosolids used in Camden Country, New Jersey. Discontinuation of the aerated static pile system in 1983; Use of PWT Waste Solutions' tunnel reactor technology in 1988; Efforts to market the compost produced using the technology.
- Composting residential and commercial streams. Gies, Glenda // BioCycle;May95, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p78
Focuses on the composting facility operated by an agency of the Correctional Services of Canada in a medium security prison in Kingston, Ontario. Opening of the facility on may 1995; Composition of the feedstock used in the facility; Policies regarding waste materials processed in the facility;...
- Growth reported in Canadian composting. // BioCycle;Jun95, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the growth of composting projects in Canada between 1993 and 1995. Survey by The Composting Council of Canada; Regions with significant growth in the number of composting facilities; Processing technology used in composting.