- Ecosystem health and medicine topic of international symposium. // Journal of Environmental Health;Sep1993, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p48
Announces the first international symposium on Ecosystem Health and Medicine: New Goals for Environmental Management. June 19-22, 1994 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; Call for papers; Deadline for submission on October 1, 1993; Major symposium themes; Symposium information.
- Replacing SLA Batteries With Li-ion Technology. Tichy, Robin // Power Electronics Technology;Mar2010, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p18
The article discusses significant implications of the development in lithium-ion (Li-ion) technology for the sealed lead acid (SLA) industry. According to the author, the necessity of SLA batteries for frequent maintenance has given Li-ion technology a competitive edge in the market. The author...
- November symposium to tackle water issues. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/24/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p15
Information about several papers discussed at a symposium sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to tackle water issue is presented. The symposium features a full day of programs addressing topics that include groundwater withdrawal and protection, surface water quality standards,...
- Symposium: Public Administration and Process Philosophy. // Administrative Theory & Praxis (M.E. Sharpe);Mar2011, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p154
This section calls for submission of papers for a symposium about public administration and process philosophy.
- Bridging the Past. Kaser, Dick // Information Today;Jun2009, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p16
The author provides a brief history of the U.S.-based Special Libraries Association (SLA) which will celebrate its 100th anniversary in June 2009. He cites the creation of the Science/Technology division in 1924 and the environmental division by the 1970s. He notes that the first president of...
- CESE News. // European Education;Summer2013, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p102
The article offers information on the June 10-13, 2014 conference of the organization Comparative Education Society in Europe (CESE), noting a call for papers based on the conference theme "Governing Educational Spaces: Knowledge, Teaching, and Learning in Transition." A symposium on the theme...
- Symposium on environmental management For nuclear establishments and chemical industries. Murthy, K.S. // Chemical Business;Nov99, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p61
Focuses on Indian Chemical Society's symposium on environmental management for nuclear establishments and chemical industries, which held in November 1999 in Mumbai, India. Information on the Indian Chemical Society; Speakers of the symposium; Papers that were presented during the symposium.
- PAWEES 2011 International Conference on 'Capacity Building for Participatory Irrigation and Environmental Management': 1st Announcement. Chang, Fi-John // Paddy & Water Environment;Mar2011, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p181
A call for papers on environmental management and irrigation techniques is presented.
- Call for papers: High performance concrete. Banasiak, David; Geistlinger, Lee // Roads & Bridges;Aug96, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p22
Announces that the 1997 International Symposium on High Performance Concrete is calling for the submission of case histories and research papers for use during the symposium. Schedule and venue of the symposium; Sponsors; Contact information.