SWANA continues legislative efforts promoting LFGTE projects
- SWANA's 35th Annual Landfill Gas Symposium. // MSW Management;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p19
The article offers information on the 35th Annual Landfill Gas Symposium of the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) to be held in Orlando, Florida from March 19-22, 2012.
- The SWANA Applied Research Foundation Targets New Research Topics in FY 13. O'Brien, Jeremy K. // MSW Management;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p10
The article offers information on the research topics which will be conducted by the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) in the year 2013. It states that SWANA will conduct research on topics including collection of waste, waste-to-energy and recycling. It further states that the...
- 2006 E-Sessions Titles and Speakers. // MSW Management;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p22
This article presents a list of titles of the E-sessions of the Solid Waste Association of North America for 2006. For January 4, 11 and 18, the topic is about planning, design, and operation of household hazardous waste facilities. For February 1,8 and 15, the topic is designing and operating...
- SWANA Calendar of 2007 Events …Plan To Attend. // MSW Management;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p16
The article presents a calendar of events for Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA). On February 22 to 24, the Senior Executive Seminar of SWANA will be held in Tampa Florida. The 30th Annual Landfill Gas Symposium will be held on March 4 to 8 in Monterey, California. On October 16 to...
- ARF Membership Is a Powerful Resource. // MSW Management;May2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses three 2013 reports from the Solid Waste Association of North America's Applied Research Foundation on topics including methods to measure landfill methane emissions, reducing costs of waste-to-energy facilities, and source-separation and mixed waste recycling systems.
- Health and Safety Manual Now Available. // MSW Management;May2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p18
No abstract available.
- SWANA Award-Winning Landfill-Gas Project Grows, and Grows, and Grows. Davis, Andrea // MSW Management;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p15
The article focuses on the Award-Winning Landfill-Gas Project as part of the Solid Waste Association of North America's (SWANA) Excellence Awards Program in the Landfill Gas Utilization category at the SWANA's Wastecon solid waste management convention in 2014. It mentions that the project was...
- SWANA Calendar. // MSW Management;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p26
The article presents a calendar of events and upcoming activities for the Solid Waste Association of North America. It includes seminars, symposiums, and trainings for the landfill professionals covering the months of February to October. Activities include "Senior Executive Seminar," at the...
- Finding common ground. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;6/5/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p6
This article reports that both, the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) and the U.S. Composting Council (USCC) have issued a joint statement regarding the relationship of composting and bioreactor landfills. The statement calls composting a successful strategy but raises the...