Old electronic equipment worth its weight in gold
- E-waste zips to forefront. McMullen, Cheryl A. // Waste News;9/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p15
Reports on the recycling of electronic wastes in the United States. Electronics recycling operations; Revenues of the United Recycling Industries Inc.
- Bob's mailbox. Ellis, Robert N. // Electronic Design;1/8/96, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p127
Presents a question and answer section with the editor of the column on electronics. Discussion involving PID controllers; Discussion of the idea of recycling electronic equipment; Discussion of low development cost in manufacturing.
- The Little State that Could. Bailey, Beth A. // Waste Age;Sep2001, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p8
Reports the recycling of several electronic equipments in Rhode Island. Introduction of the recycling program by the Resource Recovery Corp.; Plans of the company to promote the recycling program; Response of the community to the program.
- Ill. county takes junk electronics. Young, Melinda // Waste News;12/01/97, Vol. 3 Issue 29, p12
Reports on an electronics recycling collection event staged by Du Page County, Illinois. Objective of the county's effort; Type of waste collected at the county's landfill site; Estimated participation in the event; Amount of recyclable electronics; Factors contributing to the success of the...
- It's the shame old story. Grinyer, Clive // Design Week;9/19/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p10
Comments on the lessons that can learned about Japan's recycling of electrical goods. Flow diagram outlining the legislative program to turn Japan into a recycling-oriented nation; Campaign to raise awareness of the problems of huge amounts of un-recycled electronics.
- Taking in the Trash. Hamburg, Lisa // Circuits Assembly;Aug2001, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p7
Focuses on the Zentech, electronics recycling and used computer equipment business of Julian Powell in Atlanta, Georgia. Letter of appreciation for Powell from the refinery; Weight of electronics trash recycled by Powell monthly; Increase collection of recyclable equipment from corporations and...
- Getting the Lead Out. Gruenwald, Juliana // Interactive Week;5/21/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p20
Reports that the European Parliament has adopted several amendments to the environmental legislative proposals to be considered by the European Union, that would set recycling standards for obsolete electronic equipment and ban the use of substances in new electronics. Effect of the amendments...
- Warning over WEEE plans. Meczes, Robin // Motor Transport;6/12/2003, p11
Reports on the impact of the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive on warehouse operators and supply chains in Europe. Effect of the directive on the collection, recycling and disposal of electrical and electronic goods; Remarks from Royal Mail's general manager Richard Rogers on...
- On the take. Truini, Joe // Waste News;06/11/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the computer recycling program of United Recycling Industries Inc. for Compaq Computer Corp. Description of how the program works; Fees collected by United for its service.