Winning ideas generate publicity
- Rocket helps launch Thomsons winter sale. // Cabinet Maker;01/16/98, Issue 5071, p5
Reports on Scottish retailer Thomsons World of Furniture's recruitment of heavyweight Gladiator Rocket to help it launch its winter sale. Rocket's tour at Dunfermline superstore.
- Banking on the cup. // Cabinet Maker;06/26/98, Issue 5094, p41
Reports on Thomsons World of Furniture's sales promotion that is tied to the outcome of the 1998 World Cup. Managing director Tom Cunningham's vow to refund any purchase in the week up to June 10, 1998 if Scotland wins the World Cup.
- March reopening for store. // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002, Issue 5270, p2
Reports on the possible delay in the reopening of Thomsons World of Furniture's store in Dundee, Scotland, after a fire damaged the property on December 21, 2001.
- Comfortable expansion. // Cabinet Maker;10/09/98, Issue 5109, p2
Reports that retailer Thomsons World of Furniture has completed its store expansion. Creation of jobs; Types of furniture added to the store's lineup.
- Thomsons to honour consumer orders. // Cabinet Maker;04/27/2001, Issue 5235, p3
Highlights the plan of Thomsons World of Furniture to honor the orders of consumers of the bankrupt Scottish chain, Furniture First.
- A comfortable win for Scotland. // Cabinet Maker;07/31/98, Issue 5099, p33
Features Mary Ellen Miller and Richard Grieve, winners of the Stratolounger reclining armchair from Thomsons World of Furniture as part of its 1998 World Cup promotion. Description.
- Thomsons to reopen. // Cabinet Maker;8/2/2002, Issue 5298, p5
Announces the decision of Thomsons World of Furniture to reopen its store located in Dundee, Scotland. Reason for the forced closure of the store; Size of the store.
- New credit firm for Thomsons WoF. // Cabinet Maker;06/23/2000, Issue 5193, p6
Announces Scotland-based furniture retailer Thomsons World of Furniture's decision to switch consumer credit provider to Northern Ireland-based Open+Direct.