Keeping tabs on textiles
- Standards. // Colourage;Oct2001, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p42
Reports that the Society of Dyers and Colorists in India is offering a compete range of British, European, and international standards and test methods for testing textile colorfastness.
- AATCC conducts introduction to textile testing workshop. // Colourage;Jul2004, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p124
Reports on the American Association for Textile Chemists and Colorists' plans to hold a training program on the fundamentals of textile testing in December 2004.
- High-tech textile testing. // Industry Week/IW;10/18/93, Vol. 242 Issue 20, p60
Reports on the use of computer controlled mannequins for testing fabric performance at North Carolina State's College of Textiles. Simulation of effect of moisture on fabric; Extent of human injury from burning garments.
- AATCC education program on Introduction to AATCC test methods. // Colourage;Mar2005, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p141
This article reports that an education program on the fundamentals of textile testing is to be offered in India. The program, which has been planned to be held on March 24-27, 2005, will consist of demonstrations and lectures of approximately 25 procedures for evaluating colorfastness and...
- They may still be burnt…. // Textile Institute & Industry;Jan1965, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one about flammability in the textile industry and another about different methods of test for flammability of garments.
- 5 day Short Term Training Programme on Advanced Manufacturing and Testing of Textiles. // Colourage;Feb2014, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p113
The article offers information related to a five day short term training programme on advanced manufacturing and testing of textiles held at Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore, India from January 18-23, 2014.
- ASTM approves new energy-based textile test. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p7
This article announces the approval of a new standard test procedure, which measures the amount of latent energy in textile materials, by the American Society of Testing and Materials. The test procedure is based on research and tests conducted on textiles which contain phase change materials.
- Determination of the penetration depth of the blade in stab protection measurements according to VPAM. Ehrmann, Andrea; Aumann, Susanne; Brücken, Andrea; Weber, Marcus O.; Bacbe, Thorsten // Technical Textiles / Technische Textilen;Nov2013, Vol. 56 Issue 5, pE229
The stab protection effect of a textile can be examined according to different standards or test instructions. In the VPAM test instruction "Stich- und Schlagschutz" ("stab and impact protection"), for example, which is widely used in German-speaking countries, the textile is placed upon a box...
- Stainmaster test generating a 'good response' // Furniture/Today;9/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p46
Reports on the test marketing for Invista's Stainmaster Fabric at Nebraska Furniture Mart in Omaha, Nebraska. Education of the sales associates on the advantages of point-of-purchase materials; Launch of promotional campaigns; Consumer recognition of brands.