Sharps' results take their fair share of the Limelight
- Sharps continues to trade ahead of '96. // Cabinet Maker;11/28/97, Issue 5066, p5
Focuses on fitted bedroom retailer Sharps' report of improved sales in its trading statement covering September to November 18, 1997.
- Sharps rise in profits. // Cabinet Maker;09/18/98, Issue 5106, p3
Reports on the financial performance of bedroom retailer Sharps in the first half of 1998. Percentage of increase in the company's operating profits; Impact of the company's showroom refurbishment program to the company's finances.
- Sharps Taking Its Collection to the Man. Finn, Kristin // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/31/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 22, p18
Reports on the hygiene and beauty products of Sharps for men. Taking of the barbershop concept to specialty stores, gyms and department stores.
- Sharps rolls out mailing blitz for home office sale. // Precision Marketing;7/2/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p3
Reports on the launch by British furniture company Sharps of a direct mail campaign to highlights its special offers for summer 2004. Appointment of WWAV Rapp Collins West to handle direct marketing campaign; Targeting of 50,000 prospects from existing marketing database; Points to be...
- Delivering the goods. Backhouse, Peter; Frame, Duncan // Cabinet Maker;5/4/2007, Issue 5536, p36
The article provides information on the partnership between furniture manufacturer Sharps and transportation industry Ryder company in Great Britain. Ryder provides a home delivery service for Sharps fitted bedroom and home office furniture with two tractor trailers and 15 distribution vehicles....
- Soft close deal marks a first for bedroom range. // Cabinet Maker;12/15/2006, Issue 5518, p8
The article reports on the soft close drawers commissioned by bedroom manufacturer and supplier Sharps from German fittings manufacturer Hettich. Sharps introduced the "soft close" function as a standard on all its drawers. The closing mechanism is slowed down by the company's damper system as...
- Sharps Uses Web Site to Create Buzz. Bailey, Ellen Askin // DNR: Daily News Record;6/26/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p23
The article focuses on an advertising campaign launched by Sharps to attract men to its Web site. The Web site allows users to compose and send electronic mails to men encouraging them to shave. The site complements the introduction of Sharps Barber Brigade, a collection of face and body...
- Target inks deal for exclusive men's grooming line. Alexander, Antoinette // DSN Retailing Today;3/27/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p20
The article reports on the exclusive distribution agreement between Sharps and Target Corp. (TC) under which TC will introduce a line for men called Sharps Barber Brigade. This line is geared towards men who love ESPN and who want to enjoy their shaving experience. Products for the face are...
- Manufacturers see new face of beauty in burgeoning men's grooming category. // Drug Store News;3/20/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p40
The article reports that Euromonitor International has predicted that sales of men's grooming products will increase by almost 13 percent to $4.5 billion in 2009 from $4 billion in 2004. Nivea for Men has revised its men's line for 2006 by using new names, packaging and formulas. Sharps, which...