Themes and Models in the Development of Italian Prehistory
- Why Archaeology, the Ice Maiden, and the Great Wall. Tyldesley, Joyce // dig;Jan2005, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p2
Answers several questions concerning archaeology.
- Resources. // Earth;Apr98, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p71
Presents several archaeological equipments, readings and products. Information content of `Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs;' Dome tent from Napier Enterprises; Online services for archeology.
- FROM THE EDITOR... Berkson, Alice // Illinois Antiquity;Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p2
Introduces a series of article on archeology.
- Archaeologies of Recent Rural Sicily and Sardinia: A Comparative Approach. Mientjes, Antoon; Pluciennik, Mark; Giannitrapani, Enrico // Journal of Mediterranean Archaeology;Dec2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p139
Presents a comparative approach to the archeology of rural Sicily and Sardinia in Italy as of December 2002. Importance of sociopolitical factors in the Mediterranean environment; History of settlement in Sicily; Domination of Spaniards in the kingdom of Sicily.
- Archaeology in Czechoslovakia: trends and approaches. Venclov�, Natalie // Antiquity;Jun91, Vol. 65 Issue 247, p306
Introduces a series of articles on the trends and approaches used in the field of archaeology in Czechoslovakia, published in the volume 65, 1991 edition of the periodical 'Antiquity.' Study of the spatio-temporal changes in the frequency of Paleolithic and Mesolithic sites by Slavomil Vencl;...
- The Paute Valley Project in Ecuador, 1984. Hammond, Norman; Bruhns, Karen Olsen // Antiquity;Mar87, Vol. 61 Issue 231, p50
South American archaeology is a field which ANTIQUITY all too rarely embraces, and we are glad to have this report (originally planned for volume 59, 1985) on a new project studying trans-Andean contacts between the Pacific coast and the Amazon jungles.
- The circumstances of the first prehistoric science in Italy. Desittere, Marcel // Antiquity;Sep91, Vol. 65 Issue 248, p567
In another � and perhaps the last � of the sequence of contributions to ANTIQUITY on the subject of the invention of prehistory in various lands, the example of Italy is explored. Again, the basic inspirations, especially from geology, are the same; and again the particular form of Italian...
- Goodwin's graft, Burkitt's craft. Shaw, Thurstan // Antiquity;Sep91, Vol. 65 Issue 248, p579
The record is put straight in a matter of who deserves credit for what in southern African archaeology.
- New Perspectives on Sincu Bara, a First Millennium Site in the Senegal Valley. McIntosh, Susan Keech; Bocoum, Hamady // African Archaeological Review;Mar2000, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
The 67-ha site of Sincu Bara was discovered and extensively excavated in the 1970s. Three primary aspects of its archaeological interest were its vast size, its location in the Middle Senegal Valley, where some of the earliest regional polities in West Africa arose, and the extensive and diverse...