Allied suspends shares as sales policy breaks down
- Allied strikes back as bidders begin talks. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;08/27/99, Issue 5152, p4
Discusses the sales performance and takeover approaches received by bed and carpet group Allied Carpets.
- Allied Carpets Cranbrook Road. // Cabinet Maker;01/05/2001, Issue 5219, p13
Evaluates Allied Carpets, a furniture retailer in Great Britain, citing its display of merchandise, customer service and friendliness of the staff.
- Undercover in Cambridge. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p10
Evaluates the bed sections in Cambridge, England-based furniture stores Bensons Bed Centres and Allied Carpets. Use of advertising signs at Bensons Bed; Product presentation at Allied Carpets.
- Allied holds on to gains despite store sale doubts. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;11/27/98, Issue 5116, p8
Focuses on the financial performance of furniture retailers, suppliers and manufacturers in Great Britain as of November 23, 1998. Includes financial gains of Allied Carpets despite speculation about the sale of 27 stores to Carpetright; Increase in Magnet's operating profits; Financial losses...
- A genuine fan of furniture trade. O'Dwyer, Steve // Cabinet Maker;3/25/2005, Issue 5431, p35
The article presents information about Steve O'Dwyer, a sales director at Island Cliff, a beds and bedroom furniture manufacturer and importer. After school he spent 11 years in the supermarket industry but became disillusioned and joined Allied Carpets as a store manager. He was sent on a...
- Sales errors cost Allied ...3m. // Cabinet Maker;07/31/98, Issue 5099, p5
Reports on the cost to bed and carpet retailer Allied Carpets from errors in accounting sales for the year to June 27, 1998. Reflection of completed results in the company's accounts as an exceptional charge to be released by August 28, 1998.
- French opt for continuity. // Cabinet Maker;11/5/99, Issue 5162, p5
Focuses on the decision of owner Tapis Saint-Maclou to continue the operations of Allied Carpets in France. Effect of the resignation of company officers; Appointment of Julian Lee as finance director.
- Allied Carpets to test mezzanines. // Cabinet Maker;02/23/2001, Issue 5226, p3
Reports the plan of Allied Carpets to test a mezzanine store format in England.
- Property is key to carpet deal. Danby, Sandra // Cabinet Maker;11/20/98, Issue 5115, p1
Opinion. Focuses on the swap deal between Carpetright and Allied Carpets in the carpet industry in Great Britain. Review of the future of bed sales in Allied's remaining stores; Companies' consideration of beds in the new stores' line-up; Deal signifying the importance of retail property.